Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 at 6:00pm.
please tell me why it is:
vous aiment des roses?
aimez-vous des roses?
And I've also read once "vous veulent"
how can VOUS go togehter with a verb in the third person plural (instead of the second person plural)???
French - mk-tintin, Wednesday, April 23, 2008 at 6:11pm
the second question :
i think it was : ils( or elles) vous veulent....
the subject is "ils"(or "elles") so you have the third person plural
the correct form is "aimez-vous les roses?"
but "vous aimez les roses?" is correct too
French - Anonymous, Wednesday, April 23, 2008 at 6:41pm
Thank you - I thought that this was a mistake on the page where I read that.
(But then I thought maybe it is a special form that I have never heard of....)
French - mk-tintin, Wednesday, April 23, 2008 at 6:48pm
or it is a question
but "vous veulent" is incorrect
French - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, April 23, 2008 at 7:42pm
Autre foix, bien fait!
There are 4 ways to ask a question:
1. Est-ce que vous aimez des roses? (beginning with "est-ce que/qu'.....")
2. Vous aimez des roses? (straight word order, as in a declarative sentence, adding the question mark)
3. Aimez-vous des roses? (inversion, verb + subject with the hyphen)
4. Vous aimez des roses, non? (Straight word order plus a comma and t hen the word "non")
French - Anonymous, Wednesday, April 23, 2008 at 10:26pm
Thank you very much. I had read that sentence: "vous aiment des roses" and I was wondering if that could be true - perhaps some special tense that I hadn;t heard of before-(especially since I once also read: vous veulent)or if it was merely a misprint. Limited though my knowledge of French is, I had never heard of using the third person plural form of a verb with a second person plural noun.
Merci encore une fois pour votre aide
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- French - Complétez avec l’article défini ou indéfini qui convient. 1. Vous aimez...
- French - Do these sentences make sense? Im a bit confused on when to use des,de,...
- SraJMcGin - j'ai vu que vous corrigez certaines personnes sur des devoirs en ...
- FRENCH - S'il vous plaît, pourriez-vous me dire ce que le mot "l'ouiement" ...
- To SraJMcGin - I'd like to thank you with all my heart for giving me notes on ...
- French (again) - Could someone please correct the following sentences for ...
- French - Hello, I am taking a French course online and i just want someone to ...
- Quick French - Les amies sont au salon. Elles ont une télé. Elles vont regarder ...
- French - Could you please check my answers thank you so much:) Use the verb ...
- French - Could you please explain why it is: "j'ai descendu les escaliers deux ...