Posted by Mary on Friday, February 15, 2008 at 11:35pm.
1. All of the naturally occurring radioactive decay series end when the radioactive elements have decayed to
answer: Uranium (U)
2. This type of radiation can easily pass through a human.
3. This type of radiation is really the nucleus of a helium atom.
4. As the size of nuclei increases, the ratio of neutrons to protons in the band of stability increases to
3 to 1
1.25 to 1
2 to 1
1.5 to 1
answer: 1.5 to 1
- Chemistry please check - DrBob222, Saturday, February 16, 2008 at 12:15am
Ok except for #1. U is a radioactive element, naturally. There is a series for U-238, another series for U-235, and a third for Th-232. All end in Pb.
- Chemistry please check - Mary, Saturday, February 16, 2008 at 9:48am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - Calculate the uranium ratios in the natural uranium decay chain using ...
- Science - When Marie Curie isolated uranium from pitchblende, she realized that ...
- Science - When Marie Curie Isolated uranium from pitchable, she realized that ...
- Physical science - Why can't naturally occuring uranium be used in a nuclear ...
- physics- help me please - Suppose you have two cubic meters of uranium, four ...
- Science - How does radioactivity make it possible to understand how Earth can be...
- Chemistry 101 - In addition to uranium, which elements were known to emit ...
- earth science - How is the decaying of radioactive uranium into lead used to ...
- Physical Science - 3. Radioactive decay of nuclei often involves several decays ...
- Science - Look at the table of radioactive isotypes below. Isotype Type of Decay...