Posted by abby on Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 9:08pm.
I have a packet of homework so I think I may post other questions that I'm stuck on later this weekend. So that's a heads up.
This packet deals with Gas Laws.
1. Given 100 ml of dry gas measured at 37° C and 760 mmHg, what would be its volume at 60°C?
I used Charle's Law and solved for V2.
2. Given 100 ml of dry gas at 37°C and 760 mmHg, what would be its volume at 60°C and 800 mmHg?
I used the combined gas law and solved for V2.
3. Given 325 ml of saturated gas at 760 mmHg and 25°C, what would be its volume if dry at the same pressure and temperature?
I got confused when I read 'if dry' Does that mean I have to subtract something out of 760mmHg?
And would I used the combined gas law and solved for V2?
- physics (gas laws) (#1 of 3) - drwls, Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 10:06pm
3. There will be less gas when the saturated gas is dried. Subtract the vapor pressure of water at 25 C (23.8 mm Hg) from the 760 mmHg pressure to get the initial dry gas partial pressure. Since the pressure is maintained at 760 mm, that means the volume must be reduced by the fraction (760- initial water vapor pressure)/760
- physics (gas laws) - drwls, Sunday, January 27, 2008 at 3:09am
You have to look up the vapor pressure. See
Assuming that the gas was saturqated with H2O, the final volume is reduced to 96.9% of the initial volume, or 315 ml.
- physics (gas laws) - Anonymous, Monday, October 22, 2012 at 3:06pm
30 cubic meters of argon gas are kept under constant pressure. The gas is heated from 10.0 degrees Celsius to 293 degrees Celsius. What is the new volume of the gas?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics(gas laws) - last of the homework packet questions hopefully! These ...
- math - Students are baking muffins to sell to raise money. They bake muffins in ...
- science - The volume of a 500 g sealed packet is 350 cm cube . Will the packet ...
- Math - the ratio of the mass of flour in packet A to the mass of packet B is 1:...
- FACS - Reading Assignment Help! - I have this reading assignment for Family and ...
- chemistry - i reallly need help with combining the gas laws. here are a few ...
- Math,Ratio - the ratio of the mass of flour in packet A to the mass of of flour ...
- MMSS - the volume of 500g sealed packet is 350 cubic centimeters. Will the ...
- physics - a balloon is moving upwards with speed of 5m per second .when it is ...
- relations and functions - Seeds of type A and type B are sold ihna packet each ...