Posted by Lauren on Monday, December 3, 2007 at 4:56pm.
Can you tell me if i did these right??
Lewis Dot Structure
A. BrF = 5 dots around Br-F with 5 dots around it
B. PBr3 = ? I don't know how to do because of the 3
C. NOF= 3 dots around N 2 dots around O and 5 dots around F N-O-F
D. CO = 3 dots around C double bond between O and 4 dots on oxygen
E. BrCN = 5 dots around Br double bond between C with 2 dots and -N with 3 dots Br=C-N
F. N2F2 = ?? I don't know how to do
Chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, December 3, 2007 at 5:29pm
BrF is 14 dots total. 8 around Br and 8 around F (Two dots between Br and F are counted twice to get the 8 around each).
Add two electron to top Br, two electrons to bottom Br, and two electron to top and bottom of side Br. If I have counted right that should be 26 total.
NOF has 18 electrons so you don't have enough.
CO has 14 e. You have only 7. I can draw CO. :C:::O:
BrCN has 16 e which I think I can almost draw.
:Br:C:::N: and add 2e to top of Br and 2e to bottom of Br.
I would draw N2F2
:F:N::N:F: and add 2e to top and bottom of each F and add 2e to top or each N. Total e = 24.
Chemistry - Anonymous, Thursday, February 3, 2011 at 3:30pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - What is the Lewis dot structure for LiF? Is it Li - F with 2 dots on...
- CHEMISTRY - What is the Lewis dot structure for the HYDRIDE ion? A)H:- B)H+ C)H...
- Chemistry - For a lab experiment we have to draw the lewis structures of ...
- Chemistry - When I listen to my teacher explain things i get headaches and I ...
- making dot arrays - to make a 14-dot array that has exactly two rows, is this ...
- Math - In a 3 x 4 dot rectangle there are 10 dots on the outside and 2 dots on ...
- CHEM - if you were to draw a Lewis dot structure for HOCl...would it be H:Cl:O...
- CHEMISTRY - Given assumed valencies: H=1, N=3, & C=4 i am now required to draw ...
- Chemistry - How do I know the order of placing dots on the lewis structure? ...
- chemistry - if the partial pressure of the diatomic gas is .300 atm, what is the...