Posted by Carrie on Thursday, January 25, 2007 at 6:48pm.
Which would be permitted under the
establishment clause of the First
1. A public elementary school inviting
a local pastor to visit each morning
to open the day with a prayer in the
gym for any students who wish to
2. Public high school students
voluntarily holding a prayer
group meeting in a classroom
at the end of the school day.
3. Distributing a daily devotional
to public school students for
them to read silently to themselves.
Wouldn't number 2 be permitted?
To me, 1 & 2 would work. Because they aren't forcing it on anyone. it's all volunteer. Sorry I'm not much help.
Can I get another opinion?
Would you give me your opinion on this
The first is not allowed because it excludes other pastors and other groups. The second is allowed if it is voluntary.
You're right. The second is permitted. Students can hold voluntary prayers sessions before or after school hours.
what is a amendment
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- For Dr.Bob222 - I posted a question under First Amendment, would you look at the...
- sociology - Which statement best reflects the argument that prayer in school ...
- education - RELIGIOUS ACTIVITIES IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS The limits and boundaries of ...
- Social Studies - name if the following involve, seperation in powers, checks and...
- Constitutional Law - What constitutional provision has been used to make most of...
- Western Civilization - What are the misunderstandings of "Free Speech," under ...
- American Constitutional Law - What constitutional provision has been used to ...
- constitution/essay - Write your paper about a hypothetical proposal that is ...
- Constitutional - The right to a fair trial in federal cases stems from what ...
- math - The school store open on the first day of school with 30 notebooks and 18...