7th grade language arts last Ms. Sue please
5. A synonym for the word nimble is _____. (1 point) lively secret damaging weak Isn't the answer "lively", Ms. Sue?
3. Which of the following words shares the base word of "destination"? (1 point) destroy destiny destabilize destruction Is the answer "destiny"?
4. Which of the following is a prepositional phrase? (1 point) he didn't feel safe leaving us behind without supervision 6. Which of the following is not an interjection? (1 point) oops awesome maybe My answers: 4. without supervision 6. maybe
4. In the phrase, "the grim-faced Yankee principal," how is the word "Yankee" an example of semantic slanting? (1 point) It is used with a negative connotation. It is an exaggeration. It presents a vivid image. Is the answer: It is used with a negative connotation.
2. Which of the following synonyms of assurance has a negative connotation? (1 point) self-possession pompousness confidence Okay, for #2, you said my answer was correct (self-possession). My mom is saying that the answer is "pompousness". I don't know which one is the correct...
How can the state standardseffect your planning and instruction for 7th grade language Arts?
how would you write a 2:2 Jane Schaeffer paragraph?
What are some introduction techniques for writing a persuasive letter?
Hey, I have to wright a SA on what I want to learn in English language arts this year. It's a full page SA and I'm in 7th grade. Please help me, Ive ben working on it bacicaly ever since I got home. I need help, PLEASE!!!
1. If the following sentence was rewritten to be more specific, which would be the best revision? "It was a privilege and not a right, and you messed it up." (1 point) "It was a privilege and not a right, and you don't have it now." "It was a privilege and not a right, and you...
Need some help on the 2 sentences below. 1. Are you tired of never being prepared for Language Arts class? (is Language Arts supposed to be capitalized or not) 2. You need to organize your Language Arts binder. (would Language Arts be capitalized or not in this sentence) ...
Using the image of a dove to represent the idea of peace in a peom is an example of
I have to put together and present a strategy that is effective in the teaching of language arts at a specific grade level. What would a good idea be for around the grade 2 level? and why is it important?
what the steps to the water cycle and what is the writing process and what the steps for 7th grade and please help me as soon as possible please ms. sue...
Choose the demonstrative pronoun is the following sentence: "This invitation fell out of her backpack." her of backpack this
21. 14. Identify a prepositional phrase in the following sentence from the story: "If we don't play today, and we lose in the playoffs next week, we'll have played exactly half of a ten game schedule." (1 point) in the playoffs if we don't we'll have played next week Which of ...
8th grade language arts help. Please I need help with this I don't understand these questions. Can you please explain these concepts to me and let me know if my answer is correct? Identify the italicized word or words in each sentence. The ITALICIZED words are in CAPS 1. GOING...
What was the first South American nation to receive independence? (1 point) Chile Argentina Paraguay Brazil My Answer: 1) Argentina Is this correct?
I am doing a project on Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. I need to five 5 Hero's Journey Archetypes, but i can't seem to think of any except for 2 which are The Underworld and The Hero. I do not have my archetypes list with me so i am trying to do this off...
Cultural context involves all of the following except the group's __________. (1 point) values wealth customs I think its wealth.. but not sure, am i correct?
Are plants organism? Please help!! Thank you!!
i myself need a third idea to do a research project on as a 7th grade advanced english student so far i have abusive teenage relationships , and anastasia romanov
While reading Rudyard Kipling's poem "If," Fred imagined that the speaker was talking directly to him. This reading strategy is called (1 point) connecting. evaluating. interpreting. summarizing. My Answer: 1) A
Well ms.sue, would it be the pueblos from Acoma pueblothat is different from Albuq?
most unintentional poisoning occur in children under A.10 B.2 C.5 D.6 months My best answer is b can you check please @Ms.Sue
19. Which of the following shows the correct punctuation? (1 point) Wow that was close! Oops! I think I left your book at home. Well! Of course she didn't mean it. Ouch, this really hurts. 20. Identify the demonstrative adjective in the following sentence: Those fish need to ...
At Jefferson School, both 6th grade & 7th grade classes take a math test. The average score for the 6th grade is 80 and for the 7th grade is 90. If there are twice as many students, in the 7th grade as there is in the 6th grade, what is the average test score for both grades ...
I still cannot figure this one out can you please tell me... 11/12 + (-2/3) = ? The answer choices are 1/4 13/12 -1/6 -7/12
Hi, I have a question that says 7. Which word describes the word choice in the following sentence? Perhaps the craziest characteristics of a loon is its weird call, which sounds like someone cackling, a high - pitched laugh. A). traditional B). Informal C). formal D). Academic...
I am in a verse chior group for oral language and I need an oral language peice that is up to 8th grade reading level. Any ideas?
i need help finding the questions for the story ALL SUMMER IN A DAY questions 1-5 think through the litature. i don't know if i spelt that right but i just need help ms.sue
Sometimes people say, "Give 110% of your effort." Isit possible to get 110%? Is there ever a situation where you might have a percent over 110%? If no, explain why. If yes, Give a scenario where 110% is used. Please help Ms. sue! I have NO IDEA how to solve this and answer it...
How is the word street used in the sentence below: Street cleaners can often be seen on our block in the very early morning. adjective*** adverb noun pronoun Am I right Ms.Sue?
______________ can prevent some bacterial cells? 7th grade science please help meeeee ms sue help me please thanks
Hi Ms. Sue, can you please give me links to find the answers to these questions? I have looked everywhere!!!! Thanks!!! What other Things did the Telegraph lead to? What was Life Like Before The Telegraph? What Was Life Like After The Telegraph? What are The Positive And ...
Explain if a triangle with the given lengths is a right triangle. 1. 18, 24, 30 2. 7, 24, 25 3. 13, 14, 15 I really do not know how to solve these problems! I have no idea how!!!! Please help!
1. 0.003 as a percent 2. 0.00007 as a percent My answers: 1.0.03% 2. 0.0007%
Hi im a 7th grader and there is alot of book reports and homework in the 7th grade i really don't have time to do all that because im in extra cericular activities and i need to be passing all of my classes to be in my activities can somebody please help me by telling me a ...
Write each ratio in simplest form. 1. 28 seconds / 2 minutes 2. 22 in. / 3 feet 3. 36 cm. / 132 cm. Can you help me i have NO IDEA how to solve these thanks
My 7th grade daughter has the following math problem and gets zero help from her "language arts" teacher who gave out this problem: WANT X BE ________ CAREER Each letter in this question stands for a 1-digit #. No 2 letters may stand for the same #. Find the value for each ...
how many diffent arts are there in the whole world
We have state testing this week [CRCT] and I'm reviewing for the Language Arts part. 8th grade students are required to know a ton of stuff by this time, but one thing I don't understand is simple, compound, and compund-complex sentences. They confuse me and I need to know how...
Monitoring comprehension by rereading can be especially useful in understanding the meaning of difficult words. (1 point) true false Is the answer "true"?
150 words needed for How can English language arts teachers create a literacy-rich environment in their classrooms? How can these teachers overcome obstacles to literacy or resistance on the part of students? 150 needed for this Language arts contains both receptive (listening...
Search the Internet to locate and review your state’s educational standards for a grade level and subject that interests you, such as second-grade language arts or fifth-grade science. i need help finding information on the state of wisconsin and 1st grade P.E.
When I'm using 'grade' in a sentence, would it be capitalized? I.e. Jorge is in Grade 9? PS I'm Canadian, so maybe no US grammar rules?
Can you give me links to these questions please? What did the Telegraph Lead to? What was life like after the Telegraph? Positive and negative Impacts of the Telegraph
Thanks so much for all of your help Ms.Sue.
Hi I am writing a paper for school about cancer cells. I can't seem to get a good introductory paragraph going. Can you give me some ideas? Thanks!
Ms.Sue, i think that the verb is becomes and the oredicate noun is cheese?
1. A synonym for writhe is (1 point) hop. twist. cry. 2. In which part of the plot is the conflict resolved? (1 point) exposition climax resolution 5. The part of a narrative that introduces the setting and the characters is called the (1 point) climax. resolution. exposition...
Please. I need a list of Non-fiction books recommended for 6th and 7th grade readers. Thank you and have a nice day. God bless! <3
14. Identify a prepositional phrase in the following sentence from the story: "If we don't play today, and we lose in the playoffs next week, we'll have played exactly half of a ten game schedule." (1 point) in the playoffs if we don't we'll have played next week 15. A synonym...
does anyone have the answers too language arts 7 A third read christmas carol act 1 dramatic transformations
What is the name of the online textbook used in this course A) Language arts B) The big question C) Literature D) Write to learn
10 5/18 – 8 5/6 (1 point) 2 5/9 2 13/18 1 4/9 1 11/18
How can English language arts teachers create a literacy-rich environment in their classrooms?
i need help writing a newspaper article about Johnny Tremain i really don't know how to do a newspaper article cause my language arts teacher wont tell me how to succeed on this? :( im new on connections acadamy so i really don't know. PLEASE HELP!
What are all the language persuasive techniques
1. If you were writing a persuasive essay about the need to install solar panels on top of big apartment buildings, what counterargument should you address? (1 point) Homeowners can get tax breaks for installing solar panels on their homes. People are getting very interested ...
Can you give me a way to remember ALL of the parts of speech. Can you tell me what they are and mean? Tommorrow is my Finals. Please Answer. xoxo, O.S.
i need help with an assignmetnd, does anyone know any website that has really good language arts tutors who can help?
MS.SUE IM IN THE 6TH GRADE AND IVE WORKED ON IT FOR 3 DAYS NOW I CANT GET IT. I ASK FOR HELP AND MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS DON'T GET IT EITHER. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME MS. SUE??
What would life be without organisms?
what are the different kinds of nouns for 7th grade and what do they mean? ms. sue if you can may you help me????
Could someone suggest one way that teachers can integrate content and instruction in an English language arts classroom. It will give me an idea how to anwser the question. Thank you
If Fran’s fudge recipe calls for 2 and 1/2 cups of sugar and she increases it by 2/5 of a cup, how much sugar does she use? a. 2 2/10 b. 2 3/7 c. 2 4/9 d. 2 9/10 is the answer d because 2 1/2 plus 2/5 equals 2 9/10? If it is incorrect, then why? Thanks!
How many 7th grade students are expected to move by the end of the year? If 12 students actually moved, did more or fewer 7th-grade students move than expected? Justify your answer. 6th-grade # of students: 250 % moves: 2% 7th-grade # of students 200 % moves: 4% 8th-grade # of...
What was the first South American nation to receive independence? (1 point) Chile Argentina Paraguay Brazil ok this question IDK... however I think it's Chile OR Argentina though to be honest idk I've read the book 17 times (i counted) I looked it up in google (it didn't help ...
I have a Language Arts review crossword, and one hint is "Scrooge and Tiny Tim in A Christmas Carol". The word is 10 letters long, and has an E as the eighth letter. Thanks!
Does anyone out there go to connections academy and is in 7th grade, if so can you help me with the 7B unit 3: dramatic transformations test ?!?!?!
an some give me ansewrs to the language arts quick check
I keep asking ...Ms.Sue, could you possibly help? Can flying fish communicate and how?
Check my work please! Although India ahs only 16 official languages, people there speak more than ________ language. 1.30 2.50 3.100 4.800 I belive the answer is 1.
Choose a grade level and a scientific concept appropriate for that level. • Plan a science experiment to explore this concept. In your paper, address the following points: o List the equipment and materials to be included in the science kit. o Explain what safety precautions...
The word simulation originally refers to the act of imitating. What meaning of the word is used in this excerpt from "What Makes Teens Tick?" "In an experiment using a driving-simulation game, he studied teens and adults as they decided whether to run a yellow light." (1 point...
5. Which of the following describes the underlined part of this sentence from "LAFFF"? In spite of all I could do, my grades were nothing compared to Peter's. (1 point) simple sentence compound sentence independent clause dependent clause 6. Which of the following describes ...
What is the solution to -75 (find the square root) to the nearest integer? 9 8 -8 -9 -75 square root is 8.660254 wouldn't that be rounded to -9?
Can you guys help me please? I have no idea what these answers are. Thanks! 1. Explain in detail one of the climate change cause-and effect relationships. 2. Explain why a new moon is not visible and the difference between the waxing and waning phases of the moon.
On a blueprint, 1 inch = 13 feet. If the dimensions of the playroom on the blueprint are 0.35 inches x 1.25 inches, what are its actual measurements?
I don't know why authors use figurative language. Can you please help? Thank you! :)
MS SUE- WHY DO YOU HELP STUDENTS CHEAT ON THEIR TESTS. THEY ARE POSTING ACTUAL QUESTIONS HERE
For questions 2 and 3, order the numbers in each list from least to greatest. 2. -5, -7, 0, -1 A. 0, -1, -5, -7 B. -1, -5, -7, 0 C. -7, -1, -5, 0 D. -7, -5, -1, 0 3. 0, [-14], 13, -12, [-16], 17 A. -16, -14, 13, -12, 0, 17 B. -12, 0, 13, 14, 16, 17 C. -12, -14, -16, 0, 13, 17 ...
What would a good teaching strategy be for language arts in a grade 1 classroom and a grade 8 classroom?
Select whether the sentence below is a simple, compound, complex or compound-complex sentence However, when David came to conquer the city with his army, he discovered that the Jebusites got their drinking water from a spring just outside the city walls. CxCd or Cx
hoow does language arts help me become a registered nurse?
what does refrain mean when dealing with language arts/speeches?
1. 3w – 10w (1 point) 13w –7w –7 7w 2. y + 1.2y +1.2z (1 point) 2.4yz 1.3y + 1.2z 1.2y2 + 1.2z 2.2y + 1.2z 3. 6r + r – 5r (1 point) 2r 1r + r 0r 7r – 5r 4. 5x + 2(x + 6) (1 point) 7x + 6 7x^2 + 12 7x + 12 7x (x + 6) 5. –3m + 3(m + 6) (1 point) 6 –6m + 6 6m + 18 ...
figurative language worksheet help! one question is it is as cold as she is as smart as a his backpack was as heavy as a and so on please help me get these answers
Please explain the power of language
Can you give me some websites to study for 3rd grade is these areas? Social Studies,English Language Arts, Math,Science
I left my McMillian text book for language arts in school today and I have homework on page 2 and 3. I'm in the 6th grade does anyone have that book. I really really need those questions. I don't know if this gives page numbers that correspond with your text or even if this IS...
Can someone give me a good example of imagery? I have googled it but I need a good solid, 6th grade understanding of it...this is the definition: visually descriptive or figurative language, especially in a literary work. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN???
What is a mood/tone map?
You I'm entering this contest Scholastic Arts and Writing Award, and I'm a bit confused so I have to register online, then fill out a form since I'm doing it and mail my art work and writing in???? I check the site but I'm confused. I'm in 7th grade by the way to other teacher...
4. What is the distance between Nicholas’s school(3,2)and the post office (-2,-2)? 6.4 5.2 3.6 3.0 5. If Nicholas is located at (– 3 , 2), what is the distance to get to the grocery store (1,-1)? 2 3 4 5 I have no idea how to solve these i have tried the Pythagorean ...
Flannel board stories encourage which of the language arts skills more than any other skills? listening,writing, speaking or reading?
At the halftime show, a marching band marched in formation. The lead drummer started at a point with coordinates (–2, –5) and moved 3 steps up and 1 step right. a. Write a rule to describe the translation. b. What were the coordinates of the drummer's final position? Can ...
1. 7r – 7 = 2r + 18 (1 point) r = –5 r = 5 r = 2.2 r = 1.2 2. 2x + 12 = 18 – x (1 point) x = 3 x = 10 x = 6 x = 2 3. 8x – 3 = 15x + 18 (1 point) x = –3 x = 3 x = 2.1 x = .9 4. 6y – 6 = 4y + 16 (1 point) y = 2.2 y = –2.2 y = 11 y = 5 5. 3(x – 4) = 5(x + 2) (1 ...
can someone help me with the pythagorean theorem? VERY HARD IM IN 7TH GRADE AND THIS IS SOME 7TH GRADE MATH HOMEWORK THAT I NEED HELP WITH!!!!!!!!!!!