Identify the true statement about Lewis structures.
Select all the correct answers.
1. Hydrogen is usually surrounded by 4 electrons in a valid Lewis structure.
2. A single bond in a Lewis structure represents 2 electrons.
3. A double bond in a Lewis structure represents 2 electrons.
4. Only one valid Lewis structure may be written for a given molecule.
5. Every atom in a Lewis structure must have an octet of electrons for the structure to be valid.
i think 2 is true..
I think the correct answer is 2, also, although I don't agree with the wording. I would rather it say "2 electrons in a Lewis structure represents a single bond).posted by DrBob222