I have completed this test and I missed 4 questions. My answers are submitted in blue, can you tell me which questions are wrong.
1.Having studied small engine repair in night school, fixing the lawn mower was easy.
2. When I asked for a submarine, the convenience store clerk said he didn't have kits for making model ships with a confused look.
3. I always think linen napkins are nicer.
4. The reason she is not here is because she is ill.
5. The wind was howling and blowing a hundred miles an hour when suddenly there is a big crash, and a tree falls into Rocky's living room. The sentence shifts in
6. The bulldozer clanked into the woods and the ground was disturbed. This sentence
voice and subject
7. Some used car salesmen twist the truth. Be careful when you talk to them. This sentence shifts in
8. If one smokes cigarettes, you run the risk of getting lung cancer.
9. Anyone who rides a bicycle every day will discover that they develop some muscles not developed by jogging. This sentence shifts in
10. The person sat down at the counter and asked did we have any scruples. This sentence shifts in
11. He brought home a new car - large, fire-engine red, fast, and which he could not afford.
lack of parallelism
12. He wrote a hot check. The word hot is used
13. Hot flames poured out of the grill. The word hot is used
14. Have you booted the disk? The word booted is
15. When is the blessed event supposed to take place? Blessed event is
16. The male nurse left the room. Male nurse is
17. Mortality weighs heavily upon me like an unwilling sleep. Samuel Johnson
18. He flunked the chemistry test. Flunked is
19. But time did beckon to the flowers. Herbert
20. Here the once embattled farmers stood and fired the shot heard round the world.
21. Select the most effective sentence.
Baxter worried about his English exam when he thought about it.
Baxter felt a pang of existential anxiety when he contemplated his English exam.
When Baxter thought of his English test, he freaked out.
Thinking about the English exam, worry came over Baxter.
22. Identify the type of organization used in the following sentence: I went to the buffet six times, and I still saved room for dessert.
23. Identify the type of organization in the following sentence: Since I was hungry again in an hour, I went to Whataburger.
I am ____ distraught over my horrible love life ____ commiserate with you over yours.
I wonder ____ jacket this is. Does it belong to Jennie, ____ absent today?
Ms. Sue, thank you, I guess this additional information would have been helpful. Questions 1-4 the choices are, misplaced modifier, dangling modifier, faulty predication or incomplete comparison. Questions 5-10 re: the sentence shifts in, the choices are: person, tense, discourse, voice and subject. Question 11 the choices are unclear pronoun preference, lack of parallelism, mixed metaphor, or a simile.
Jake correctly answered 15 out of 25 questions in Test 1 and 18 out of 25 questions on test 2. On Test 3 he missed 5 out of 27 questions. Which test had the best score? A) Test 2 and Test 3 B) Test 2 C) Test 3 D) Test 1 ??
Bill has completed a 10-question multiple-choice test on which he answered 7 questions correctly. Each question had one correct answer to be chosen from five alternatives. Bill says that he answered the test by randomly guessing
You posted 40 questions and no answers. You wrote "PLZ HELP ASP usa test prep " The best way to prepare for a test is to study your text!! We'll be glad to HELP you if you post no more than five questions and your answers. We'll
I was wondering if you had any experiences with the english part of the ACT test. About 3 hours ago, I took a pratice test on the english part of it, and got like 20/35. That's like 57% right. I want to know how to tackle those
Jasmine has taken an online boating safety course and is now completing her end of course exam. As she answers each question.,the progrss bar at the bottom She has just completed question 16 and the test bar how she is 20% of
I've deleted your 28-question test. You posted no answers, and we HELP with HOMEWORK. We do not answer test questions. If you post two or three of the questions and your answers, we'll be glad to check them for you.
I've missed quite alot of school because I was sick and when I get back I have a test right away. The only problem is I have a worksheet and no answers, I really would appreciate help! I can't tell if I'm in the right direction or
A math test consists of 17 multiple choice questions, each with five possible answers (a, b, c, d, e), only one of which is correct. Assume that a student takes the test and randomly answers the questions. What is the probability
student missed 11 problems on a Chemistry test and received a grade of 65%. If all the problems were of equal value, how many problems were on the test? Round off your answer to the nearest integer. X= # of problems 11= # of