Could you please check these sentences, please? Thank you.
1) Jane Austen appeared on the literary scene with her novel of manners based on the premise (synonym?) that there is (was?) a vital relationship between manners, social behavior and character.
2) They are usually set in the upper and middle levels of society, usually in the country.
3) They mainly deal with personal relationships, class distinctions and their effect on character and behavior.
4) She is partly justified because Mr Bennet’s estate is entailed so that, on his death, it will pass to his cousin, Mr Collins and his daughters will inherit nothing.
5) A rich young bachelor, Mr Bingley, takes up residence at Netherfield, a nearby estate, bringing with him his two sisters and his wealthy friend, Fitzwilliam Darcy
Authors uses literary devices such as foreshadowing,symbolism,similes,metaphor,personification, and allusions. What are two literary devices used in Jane Austen Sense and Sensibility. explain how it contributes to the novels
Could you please check these sentences? Thank you. 1) In the conventional society of Jane Austen’s day, a woman’s role was fairly clear. Her position in life was defined by her father or her husband and she was expected to be
Can you check these sentences, please? In particular, let me know if the words occurring before the parentheses are OK. 1) Jane Austen disapproves of relationships based only on wealth or on sudden violent passions.According to
Jane Austen's novels Pride and prejudice and Persuasion both illustrate the challenges of being a woman in the 1900s. The need to find security, obtain wealth, status and marriage becomes necessary for survival and fulfillment.
In which sentence is the ellipsis used INCORRECTLY? A) Abigail confessed that she "loved the novel by Jane Austen. . . ." B) Abigail confessed that she "loved the novel by. . .Austen more than the novel by. . .Twain." C) Abigail
Can you please check the following questions as I need to prepare them for tomorrow. Thank you very much in advance. 1) Examine the main features of Queen Victoria's reign and its contributions to the shaping of modern Great
Hy everyone! I really need some help! I should compare Jane Austen's Sanditon with two other Austen novel: Lady Susan , and Emma. Can somebody give me some tips, how to do this? or can somebody find me some infos about the books?
Thank you very much for your corrections. I have some sentences I'd like you to check. Just say "yes" if they are correct. 1a) The first reform Bill passed in 1832 It is common practice to consider 1832 as the year in which the
Circle the correct form of the pronoun 1. Jane and Sarah said (she, they) were too tired to skate any longer. Circle they 2. Either Bill or John will bring a sample of (his, their) own work. Circle their 3. Jane and Jill called
I included the last sentences. I find it difficult to rephrase the author's description of the characters' personality. I'll include it in my next post. 1) He remarks that among (of?) all his daughters, Lizzy is his favourite