math

the price of a jacket was reduced by10%. during a special sale, the price was discounted another 10%. what was the total percentage discount from the original price of the jacket

  1. 👍 0
  2. 👎 0
  3. 👁 238
  1. 19% = 10% + 10% of the remaining 90%

    1. 👍 0
    2. 👎 0
  2. my butt

    1. 👍 0
    2. 👎 0

Respond to this Question

First Name

Your Response

Similar Questions

  1. profit and loss

    mr.doshi instead of marking up the cost price by 10% discounted the cost price by 10% and prepared the price tag of a shirt. A discount of 5% is applicable to the list price. because of the mistake the company earned rs. 76 less

    asked by vipul on September 7, 2016
  2. Problem Solving

    John bought a shirt on sale for 25% off the original price and another 25 % off the discounted price. If the final price was $16, what was the price before the first discount? (Please i need to present it to our school. I don't

    asked by Cris on October 12, 2011
  3. consumer mathematics

    a sofa sells for $840. the sale price is $714., find the percent of decrease of the sale price from the regular price

    asked by marlo on April 24, 2011
  4. 7th grade math Ms. Sue last two questions thanks

    15. In Store A, a book that regularly sells for $24.99 is on sale at 15% off. In Store B, the same book regularly sells for $27.99 and is on sale at 25% off. Which store sells the book for the lower sale price? (1 point) Store A;

    asked by Delilah on December 5, 2012
  5. Math

    An item is regularly priced at $85. It is on sale for 20% off the regular price. How much (in dollars) is discounted from the regular price?

    asked by Barry Vacker on February 6, 2019
  1. Math

    I need help solving this. I do not get it one bit. The median home sale price in country A has been rising approximately linearly since 1995. The median home sale price in 1995 was ‚Äč$110,500. The median home sale price in 2004

    asked by Sara111 on September 26, 2018
  2. Math 6th Grade

    A jacket's original price is $65.00. It is on sale for 40% off. You have to pay 5% sales tax. What is the final price of the jacket?

    asked by NapkinNate on February 27, 2018
  3. math

    The cost price of a Jean is Rs. 200 and marked price is 50% more than the cost price. But the shopkeeper sold it at 25 % discount. Find the marked price. Find the discounted price.

    asked by zenab on September 20, 2015
  4. algebra

    Write a formula to express the following sentence as an equation: The sale price us 25% off the original price. Use S for sale price and P for original price to express S as a function of P.

    asked by Janice on August 31, 2014
  5. Math

    An item is regularly priced at $65 . It is on sale for 80% off the regular price. How much (in dollars) is discounted from the regular price?

    asked by Anonymous on February 3, 2017
  6. Math

    On September 1, a dress was priced at $90. On October 1, the price was reduced by 20%. On November 1, the price was further reduced by 25% of the October 1 price and marked FINAL. What percent of the original price was the FINAL

    asked by Anonymous on May 3, 2015

You can view more similar questions or ask a new question.