Organic chemi

I have a calculated enantiomeric excess value of 7% for my limonene experiment, what exactly does that mean? that i only isolated 7% of the proper R-limonene isomer and the rest 93% is the S isomer?

  1. 👍 0
  2. 👎 0
  3. 👁 109
  1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enantiomeric_excess

    1. 👍 0
    2. 👎 0

Respond to this Question

First Name

Your Response

Similar Questions

  1. chemistry

    Hi, I was hoping someone could double check a chemistry answer for me. I am trying to calculate the Ksp of Ag2CrO4. This question is based on a experiment to determine ksp experimentally. In the experiment the Ksp of silver

    asked by Laura on May 26, 2013
  2. Chemistry

    How would the following affect the calculated value of neutralizing power of antacid (make it higher, lower or no effect)? [The lab uses the back titration technique] 1) The solution mixture of reacted antacid and excess of HCl

    asked by Emily on November 6, 2017
  3. Chemistry HELP!!!

    Only one question, it would be greatly appreciated if you would help me Thanx In an experiment, Na2CO3(aq) was added to 25.0 mL of CaCl2(aq) solution until no more precipitate was formed. The mass of precipitate produced was 2.50

    asked by Brittany Rusk on September 28, 2006
  4. chemistry

    Calcium oxide reacts with water in a combination reaction to produce calcium hydroxide: CaO(s) + H2O(l) ¨ Ca(OH)2(s) In a particular experiment, a 2.00-g sample of CaO is reacted with excess water and 2.14 g of Ca(OH)2 is

    asked by Jess on October 26, 2011
  1. Science

    1. The ? is the part of an experiment that is not being tested and is used for comparison. (7 words) 2. The ? describes the steps you use during an experiment. (9 words) 3. After an experiment, scientists write a ? which

    asked by Happyface on August 26, 2008
  2. Chem

    Calculate the work (in kJ) when 1.80 moles of methane react with excess oxygen at 389 K: CH4(g) + 2O2(g) → CO2(g) + 2H2O(l) I got 11661.26 Calculate the change in entropy (in J/K) when 70.1 g of nitrogen gas is heated at a

    asked by Anonymous on March 27, 2013
  3. Chemistry

    Experiment 10: Which Fuels provide the most heat? There are many possible sources of error in this experiment. List three that you can think of. Would each error have a large effect, a medium effect, or a small effect on the

    asked by Megan on October 7, 2010
  4. chemistry

    In the experiment, a hydrate is heated to form an anhydrate. The masses of the before and after are measured and the percent of the water in the hydrate is calculated. If some of the hydrate spatters out of the crucible and isnt

    asked by sylvia on October 12, 2008
  1. Chemistry

    A student failed to notice an air bubble trapped in the tip of the buret during their experiment. What effect does this have on the calculated molarity of the NaOH solution?

    asked by Roshni on August 22, 2019
  2. chemistry

    An alternative approach to bomb calorimetry is toestablish the heat capacity of the calorimeter, exclusive of the water it contains. The heat absorbed by the water and by the rest of the calorimeter must be calculated separately

    asked by Nancy on October 11, 2014
  3. Sciene

    Portfolio: you will design an experiment to investigate the relationship between the number of coil loops and the strength of a solenoid. One you have an experiment plan, carry out your experiment and record data. After finishing

    asked by Melody on April 1, 2015
  4. physics

    In the Millikan oil drop experiment, an atomizer (a sprayer with a fine nozzle) is used to introduce many tiny droplets of oil between two oppositely charged parallel metal plates. Some of the droplets pick up one or more excess

    asked by James on January 24, 2010

You can view more similar questions or ask a new question.