A subject complement follows a linking or sense verb.... The complement will either modify or be identical to the subject. Look at the word "felt" in the two sentences.... Which of those has a word following felt that describes the subject?
Linking verbs - am, is, are, was, were, be, being, been
Sense verbs - sounds, feels, smells, seems, etc.
Let me teach you how to learn to DO your own homework.
2. Use a google search and enter the words "subject complement"
3. Select a site that looks like it will explain this well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subject_complement (for example)
4. Go to that site and read the explanation carefully.
5. Now, make an educated guess as to which is the correct answer.
6. After you do that, we can HELP by explaining if you are not correct.
Choose the sentence that has a subject complement. 1) The nurse felt my pulse. 2) I felt much better. 3) The day ended with many surprises. 4) We can't leave without seeing her. This one I have a problem with. I think it is #2 - I
5. Choose the sentence that has a subject complement. A. I felt much better. [B. The nurse felt my pulse.] C. The day ended with many surprises. D. We can't leave without seeing her. is my answer correct
pLease check my answer Which sentence has a subject complement 1.The nurse felt my pulse 2.I felt much better. 3. The day ended with many surprises. 4. We can't leave without seeing her. I pick answer #1
I am to find the subject complement and linking verb in this sentence. At first we felt overwhelmed by the job ahead of us. Could you please help me understand , the examples in my book are not helping. Thank you