Four penguins are being pulled along very slippery (frictionless) ice by a curator. The masses of the three penguins are given below and so are two of the tensions. Find the penguin mass that is not given.
After drawing the free-body force diagrams, I was lost.
Write the equations
222=(20 + 15 + 12 + M)a
so solve it, two unknowns, two equations. However, it is not that hard. There is another equation.
222-111 =(15+20)a so solve for A here, then solve for M from above.posted by bobpursley
1. Which of the following is not an example of an energy transfer?
1. A roller coaster being pulled to the top of the first hill
2. A roller coaster standing still allowing people to get on
3. A roller coaster falling down a hill
4. A roller coaster coming to a stop at the end of ride
posted by Nikki Baker
thank you so much! I think I just overcomplicated the problem. thank you for making it much easier!posted by Jenn