physics - quantum mechanics

hi
can you please help me with this particular question?

thanks a lot
___________________________________
The work function of a material refers to the minimum energy required to remove an electron from the material. Assume that the work function of gold is 4.90eV and that of cesium is 1.90eV. Calculate the maximum wavelength of light for the photoeclectric emission of electrons for gold and cesium.

h c/(min. wavelength) = e*(work function)
Solve for the minimum wavelength.
h is Planck's constant
Convert the work function (in volts) to energy units by multiplying by the electron charge, e.

  1. 👍 0
  2. 👎 0
  3. 👁 215

Respond to this Question

First Name

Your Response

Similar Questions

  1. Aglebra, math

    Hi I really need help with this question and I don't know a thing about algebra!!! If anyone can help me understand this that would mean a lot! So here's my question. Brad says that the literal equation a = 3b + 4c - a is solved

  2. Environmental Science

    only 10 percent of the energy is passed from one trophic level to the next. Explain where the other 90 percent of the available energy goes. Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum BUT we are here to HELP you not to DO

  3. Calculus

    a college is planning to construct a new parking lot. the parking lot must be rectangular and enclose 6000 square meters of land. A fence will surround the parking lot, and another fence parallel to one of the sides will divide

  4. Calculus

    Find an equation of the tangent line to the graph of f at the given point. f(x) = x + (4/x), (4,5) I tried using the limit process a lot, but it didn't quite work. If possible, please use the limit process. Thanks a lot to whoever

  1. Chemistry

    An unknown element reacts with bromine to give bromide, MBr3. If 2.809g of the unknown element gives 27.765grams of MBr3, what is the element? ( give the symbol ) I don't understand the M in the MBr3...can someoen please help me

  2. Math

    The side of the square lot is (5x-3) meters. How many meters of fencing materials are needed to enclose the square lot? If one square meter of the lot costs Php15,000,what is the cost of the square lot?

  3. Dont need to answer if you dont want to

    I was wondering, Since Ms. Sue answers almost every question and comments a lot, is Ms. Sue a teacher? Does she work here?

  4. PHYSICS

    Three moles of an ideal gas are compressed from 5.5*10^-2 to 2.5*10^-2 m^3. During the compression, 6.1*10^3J of work is done on the gas, and heat is removed to keep the temperature of the gas constant at all times. Find the

  1. Math

    1) 60 meters of fencing are needed to fence in a square lot. What is the area of the lot? a) 3600 m^2 b) 900 m^2 c) 225 m^2 d) 15 m^2 2) A can do a piece of work in r days and B, who works faster, can do the same work in s days.

  2. math

    a corner lot that was originally square lost 185m^2 area when one of the adjacent streets was widened by 3m and the other was widened by 5m. find the new dimensions of the lot.(hint:let x equal the length of a side of the original

  3. MATH

    The grocery store parking lot is shaped like a parallelogram. Mr.Campbell is paving the parking lot.The area of the parking lot is 6x^2-3x-3m^2. what are the measures of the height and base of the parking lot. i did 3(2x^2-x-m^2)

  4. algebra1

    A sports team is building a new stadium on a rectangular lot of land. If the lot measures 6x by 10x and the sports field will be 1x by 4x, how much of the lot will be left over to build bleachers on

You can view more similar questions or ask a new question.