1. They are playing in the room.
2. They are playing at the room.
3. He has just arrived in the room.
4. He has just arrived at the room.
5. The thief found nothing at/in the room, so he left the room and started searching for the living room.
Do we have to use 'in' before 'room'? What about 'at' in the sentences?
1. When I entered the room, she was playing the piano. 1-1. When I entered the room, she played the piano. 1-2. As soon as I entered the room, she was playing the piano. 2. While I entered the room, she was playing the piano. 3. I
1. When I entered the room, he played the piano. 2. When I entered the room, he started to play the piano. (Is #1 grammatical? Is #1 similar to #2?) 3. When I entered the room, he had been playing the piano for an hour. 4. When I
1. While he was playing the guitar, Tom entered the room. 2. While he played the guitar, Tom entered the room. 3. While he was playing the guitar, Tom was entering the room. (Are they all correct? What is the difference between #2
1. At school, I enjoy chatting with my close friends. 2. At school, I enjoy cleaning with other classmates. 3. At school, I enjoy playing soccer in the playground. 4. At school, I enjoy eating cookies at the school shop. 5. At
21. identify the sentence in which the underlined verb does notagree with its subject A. Both Sarah and Eleana are playing this Saturday (Are playing is underlined) B. Either of the girls are a good choice for a leader (Are is
What do you like doing in school? 1. I like playing baseball with my classmates on the playground after school. 2. I like studying at the library on the third floor of the school building after school. 3. I like listening to
1. We play basketball in the gym. 2. We play basketball at the gym. 3. We play soccer on the playground. 4. We play soccer in the playground. 5. We play soccer at the playground. 6. He is playing in the room. 7. He is playing at
I left out the following descriptions of the room. Thank you very much for your invaluable help. 1) I left out the following description of the room. The rooms are all set in a way that one cannot see from one room to another;
Shelby can paint a room in 4 hours. Zoe can paint the same room in 7 hours. How long will it take them to paint the room if they work together? If they start 9:30a.m., and want to see a movie that is playing 45 minutes from their
1. He used to take a walk in the park. 2. He used to swim in this river. 3. He used to live in Chicago. 4. He used to drive a car to New York. 5. He used to walk his dog along the road. 6. He used to play soccer when he was young.