1. read the following sentence:
The reporter is heading to the marketplace to cry the news about the election results. Use the dictionary definition to determine the best meaning of cry as it used in this sentence.
A. to call out for help
B. to announce in public
C. a shout
D. a time of weeping
2. As which parts of speech can the multiple meaning word cry be used
A. noun and verb
B. noun only
C. adjective and noun
D. adjective only
3. recall that transitions are useful in showing relationships in a comparison-and-contrast essay. which of the following transitions shows comparison?
C. just as
4. read the following pair of sentences: you can get to the beach by car. you can ride your bike to the beach. which answer option best revises the sentences for transition use?
A. you can get to the beach by car. however you can also ride your bike to the beach.
B. you can get to the beach by car, if you can ride your bike to the beach
C. just as you can get to the beach by car you can ride your bike to the beach.
D. you can get to the beach by car. while you can ride your bike to the beach.
my answers are
3. B is right. The other three answers are wrong.
can you help me with it
Check your text or a dictionary.
Well, here's what I think it is:
1. B (since it sounds like they want to spread the news by announcing it to the public)
4. D (it's just stating another form of transportation)posted by C
4.Aposted by Ab
Who is Ab? A prankster?
Ab is right.posted by Kit-Kat
Ban Ab. They've been supplying answers recently.posted by Lucas
*high fives Ab* Nice work.posted by Anonymous -Don't even think about it