1. Explain why the Oreads are surprised by the pool’s reaction to Narcissus’s death in “The Disciple”?
2. This question has two parts. First, answer Part A. Then, answer Part B. Part A What is the central idea of “The Disciple”?
A. When we spend a lot of time with someone, we may not remember to show appreciation for that person.
B. When we focus too much on ourselves, we may not be aware of the other people around us.
C. When major change happens in life, we should be open to new opportunities.
D. When facing new challenges, we should be kind to those around us
Part B Select the sentence from the passage that best supports the answer in Part A.
A. “… his pleasure changed from a cup of sweet waters into a cup of salt tears….” (Paragraph 4)
B. “….. the Oreads came weeping through the woodland that they might sing to the pool and give it comfort.” (Paragraph 4)
C. “ We do not wonder what you should mourn in this manner of Narcissus, so beautiful was he.” (Paragraph 5)
D. “But was Narcissus beautiful?’ said the pool.” (Paragraph 6)
1 I don't understand it
part 2 a
1. He was surprised she came at all. 2. He was surprised she came after all. 3. He was surprised she came anyway. 4. He was surprised she came any how. 5. He was surprised she came at any rate. 6. He was surprised she came at all
Hi everyone! I need some help in answering the following questions for a class task: N.B**I ALREADY HAVE SOME OF THE ANSWERS BUT IT WOULD BE GREAT TO ADD MORE FACTFUL INFROMATION** Compare the island in the opening and closing
Troy is building a pool that is proportional to the Olympic-sized pool. The width of his pool will be 625 centimeters. find the scale factor troy will use to build his pool use the scale factor to show the length of troys pool if
how do you say pool in spanish? piscina = pool charca is pool If you are talking about "pool" as the game... it is billar If you are talking about swimming pool, it is piscina piscina Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help
A rectangular swimming pool is 6 meters longer than the width of the pool. A pool deck (sidewalk) that surrounds the pool is 4 meters wide (all the way around the pool). The combined area of the pool deck and pool together (outer
Read the following poem and answer questions that follow: Life, death,-death, life; the words have lead for ages Our thought and consciousness and firmly seemed Two opposites; but now long-hidden pages Are opened, liberating
1. He was surprised she came at all. 2. He was surprised that she came at all. 3. He was surprised because she came at all. 4. He was surprised when she came at all. 5. He was surprised she came after all. =======================
1. She came at all, so they all were surprised. 2. She came at any rate, so they all were surprised. 3. She came anyway, so they all were surprised. ============================== Does #1 mean #2 or #3? Are they all the same in
Two hoses are connected to a swimming pool. Working together, they can fill the pool in 4 hr. The larger hose, working alone, can fill the pool in 6 hr less time than the smaller one. How long would it take the smaller one, woking
Can you check my essay, it is not done, but I want to see if I'm on the right track? My essay is on Hamlet and the thesis statement: "Domino effect of death" Hamlet: A Chain Reaction of Death In Hamlet, death is seen throughout