1. Which of the following government actions have the greatest impact on promoting racial equality and housing?
A. The passage of the title IX amendment to the civil rights act of 1964
B. The passage of the civil rights act of 1968
C. The Supreme Court ruling in Plessy versus Ferguson
D. The ratification of the 15th amendment
2. Affirmative action is a policy designed to do which of the following ? (I need to select two answers)
A. Distribute reparations to victims of discrimination
B. Increase diversity in education and employment
C. Counteract the effects of past discrimination
D. Punish those who discriminate
3. Which of the following statements best explains why affirmative action is so controversial?
A. Affirmative action is designed to limit economic and social mobility of minorities
B. Affirmative action may result in discrimination now to make up for past discrimination
C. Affirmative action requires race and gender to be the sole deciding factors
D. Affirmative action increases taxes for the majority population
4. Even after the passage of the 14th amendment guarantee equal protection, Sojourner Truth's words remains relevant because of which of the following ?
A. The women's movements were found to be ineffective economic tools
B. The Supreme Court refused to hear equal protection cases that pertain to women
C. All women were welcome and treated equally in the political system
D. African-American women continued to suffer discrimination based on gender and race
5. Which of the following is evidence of assimilation policies endured by Native Americans?
A. European diseases brought by colonists killed a large percentage of native Americans
B. Infant mortality rates of Native American children are higher on reservations
C. The National Museum of the American Indian join the Smithsonian system
D. Federal boarding schools were created to Americanize Native American children
6. Which of the following statements summarizes the history of discrimination against Asian Americans ?
A. Asian Americans have been victims of discriminatory legislation and executive action
B. Asian Americans have assimilated into American society easily because of the education system
C. Asian American immigrants are culturally diverse and unable to assimilate into American society
D. Asian Americans are often denied tourist visas because of the economic concerns of the United States
7. (Essay question) The equal protection clause of the 14th amendment prohibits states from denying any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. How does the language of the equal protection clause show intention to safeguard all groups civil liberties?
anonymous and B*tch, you answers are wrong, and the things you are saying will get you reported to the main admin team. For the rest of you thank you for coming to jiskha, we appreciate your respect and choice to be here.
just took this:
1)passage of civil rights act
2)increase diversity&counteract the effects
3)may result in discrimination
4)sense of inferiority
5)housing patterns&economic ops
6)changes in the role of public edu
Why did the passage of the Civil rights act of 1968 have the greatest impact on promoting racial equality in housing. Select 2 answers. A.) Because plessy v. Ferguson was reversed by browning v. board of education. B.) Because it
Which of the following statements describe Jordan's view of the role of government in promoting tolerance ? A) the government has failed to promote tolerance B) the government should pass law promoting tolerance•• C) the
What did Alexis de Tocqueville observe on his visit to United States that reflected changes that Were happening in the country during Jackson’s administration A. A strict divide between rich and poor B. A growing spirit
As a result of the Emancipation Proclamation, A) Democrats made significant political gains in the Northwest by capitalizing on voters' racist fears. B) Republican politicians vigorously defended the cause of racial justice and
1. How persuasive do you think King's speech is? 2. What specific aspects of the speech make it so? A: 1. I think the King's speech is highly persuasive, given the fact that it influenced the Federal government to take more direct
Which statement regarding the impact of the federal government's budget on the personal budgets of citizens is true for the greatest number of citizens? A. The federal government's budget does not impact peoples' personal budgets.
How is the experience of emotion related to engaging in health-promoting behaviors such as exercising and recreational sports? a) Negative emotion increases health-promoting behaviors. b) Positive emotion increases
1) The ideals of the Athenian State , Roman law, and the Mayflower Compact contributed most significantly to the growth of the principles of 1. government under law and the consent of the governed. 2. religious freedom and women's
1) Give an example that you believe demonstrates when the cost of government actions outweighs the benefits.Identify the factors that may cause the costs of government actions to outweigh the benefits. I'm confused what does that