7. Which sentence uses the italicized word incorrectly?
1 The dragonfly (SKIMMED) the surface of the pond.
2 When Aunt Hazel was young, no girl would ask a (FELLOW) on a date.****
3 The young boy (SKIMMED) his knee on the pavement.
4 That (FELLOW) is rarely happy.
8. Which sentence uses the italicized word correctly?
1 Poems communicate meaning with (GESTURES).
2 The detective forced the girl to (REVEAL) her secret.****
3 The car's (GESTURES) showed it was going to stop.
4 Communication is easy when people do not reveal their thoughts.
The answers (with short answers)
2) Choose 2 poem forms, then sate their differences, then state similarities, give a brief statement to what the forms of poetry are, with a definition of them both, then add some details to make it sound like an essay.
9) Talk about your independent reading selection
Trust me this is 100% correct. I don’t lie.
1)which of the following passages from "The Pigman and Me" helps to create a humorous mood? A.I just shut up and stared down at the ground B.i was terrified because I didn't know how to fight C.May your left ear wither and fall
What part of speech is the italicized word in the sentence below? What part of speech is the italicized word in the sentence below? Four score and seven years ago, our forefathers brought forth UPON this continent a new nation
1. Which word is modified by the adjective in the sentence below? The drama production will start promptly at 8 o'clock. Start Promptly Production Drama 2. Which word is modified by the adjective in the sentence below? Not a
Which of the following sentences contains an italicized word that's used as a predicate adjective? A. Jerry looks ill today.(ill is italicized) B. Jerry looks into the microscope.(into is italicized) C. Jerry looks disdainfully at
In the following sentence, identify the part of speech of the italicized word. Catching fish is one of the oldest pastimes. the italicized word is is. A. Adverb B. Conjunction C. Preposition D. Verb I thought it was a preposition
Which sentence contains an item that is either incorrectly italicized or should be italicized? A. On the ship's deck was women reading a novel called (Mystery at Sea). B. He painted the seaplane blue and named it "Kingfisher." C.
A fish swimming in a pond looks up at a dragonfly flying 45 cm above the surface of the water. How far does the dragonfly appear to the fish if the indices of refraction of water and air are 1.33 and 1, respectively? Enter your
1. In the following sentence, identify the part of speech of the italicized word. Thousands of years ago, fish were caught in nets and traps. ("and" is italicized) A. Preposition B. Conjunction C. Linking verb D. Pronoun B?
My teacher returned my essay saying that the sentence "The citizens of Salem hanged the accused witches..." uses the word "hanged" incorrectly. I was taught last year that the word hanged is for people while hung is for pictures.
The speaker in "Life Doesn't Frighten Me" says that mother goose, lions and kissy little girls are alike in that a.they do not frighten him or her*** b.only children fear them c.they are imaginary beings d.they make him or her