1. The following students gave reports Carlos Sue and Alan
2. Tanay carved this beautiful soapstone cooking pot
3. Walter this is Ellen w ho has transferred to our school
4. Calling Simon’s name I ran to the door
5. The Wilsons’ new address is 3100 DeSoto St New Orleans LA 70119-3251
6. Have you listened to that podcast Felix
7. Let me know of course if you can’t attend
8. Joy our club president will conduct the meeting an d Gary
our recently elected secretary will take notes
9. Looking at the harsh bright glare Mai closed the blinds
10. Carlos Montoya picked up the guitar positioned his fingers
an d strum m ed a few chords of a flamenco song
The following sentences lack necessary periods, question marks,
exclamation points, commas, semicolons, and colons. Write each
sentence, inserting the correct punctuation.
1. The following students gave reports:Carlos, Sue, and Alan.
2. Tanay carved this beautiful, soapstone cooking pot.
3. Walter, this is Ellen, who has transferred to our school.
4. Calling Simon’s name, I ran to the door.
5. The Wilsons’ new address is 3100 DeSoto St., New Orleans, LA 70119-3251.
6. Have you listened to that podcast, Felix?
7. Let me know, of course, if you can’t attend.
8. Joy, our club president, will conduct the meeting; and Gary,
our recently elected secretary, will take notes.
9. Looking at the harsh, bright glare, Mai closed the blinds.
10. Carlos Montoya picked up the guitar, positioned his fingers,
and strummed a few chords of a flamenco song.
The second comma is not needed in 3.
8. also has an error.
posted by Ms. Sue