1. Which of the following represents one of Congress’s electoral powers? (1 point)
The Senate elects a president if the House cannot reach a consensus on a candidate.
The House elects a president if no candidate receives a majority of electoral votes.
The House elects a vice president if a third-party candidate receives a majority of electoral votes.
The House elects a vice president when a vacancy exists in the vice presidency.
2. Which of the following accurately recounts the impeachments of Presidents Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton? (1 point)
The Senate impeached them and the vice president acquitted them.
The House impeached them and the Supreme Court acquitted them.
The House impeached them and the Senate acquitted them.
The House subpoenaed them and the Senate impeached them.
3. How is Congress involved when the president negotiates a treaty with another country? (1 point)
The House must approve funding for the treaty.
The Senate needs to approve the treaty by a two-thirds vote.
The Senate Foreign Relations Committee must approve the treaty.
Congress is not directly involved but is informed of the process.
4. Drawing congressional district boundaries to the advantage of the party in power in the legislature is called which of the following? (1 point)
5. Which group believed in broad overarching powers for Congress? (1 point)
6. If the president negotiates a treaty with another nation, when does it become law in the United States? (1 point)
after it is approved by both houses of Congress
after it is approved by the House of Representatives
after it is approved by the Senate
after it is approved by the Supreme Court
7. What are the powers of Congress that are named, or listed, in the Constitution? (1 point)
8. Who has the power to begin the process of raising taxes in the United States? (1 point)
House of Representatives
9. The phrase Elastic Clause comes from which powers of Congress? (1 point)
10. Who holds the constitutional power to declare war? (1 point)
Please check my answers 2. What does congressional power of the purse refer to? A. Congress taxes all individuals who earn money in the US B. Congress taxes all corporations who make a profit in the US C. Congress finances the
Sorry to bug again but can someone check my answers please thank you. 1. Simplify the expression 3w-10w A. 13w B. -7w C. -7 D. 7w 2. Y+2y+3z A. 2y+3z B. 3y+3z C. 2y^2+3z D. 6yz 3. 6r+r-5r A. 2r B. 1r+r C. 0r D. 7r-5r 4. 5x+2(x+6)
Check; 5.Why was the Congress of Vienna considered a success? The Congress of Vienna was a success because the congress got a balance of power back to the European countries. The congress also brought back peace among the nations.
Can someone please check my answers. 1. Violence resulting in the death of another person is called A. Bullying B. Homicide C. Conflict D. Rape 2. Using the excitement of violence to keep video games users playing their games is
1. Which of the following provides the best definition of a strict constructionist interpretation of congressional power? (1 point) Congress must have more powers than the states. Congress should only use implied powers when
Why was it a problem that Congress did not have the power to tax under the Articles of Confederation? a. Congress wanted to provide more services, but it could not afford to without taxes. b. Congress could not regulate trade
. Which of the following provides the best definition of a strict constructionist interpretation of congressional power? (1 point) Congress must have more powers than the states. Congress should only use implied powers when
Could you please check these statements, please? Thank you. 1) the first who trusts/to trust are both possible? 2) "Let's check the answer to those exercises" She proposed checking the answers... She told/ordered us to check....
1. Which of the following best exemplifies how Congress’s use of its weights and measures powers plays an important role in business transactions? (1 point) With uniform and consistent standards, producers are allowed to charge
Now, let's check how well you can use the expressions you've learned. I will distribute handouts. You have to solve the problems. Are you finished? Then, I'll check the answers. Look at the answers on the blackboard. Check your