1. When farming, overgrazing, climate change, and/or seasonal drought change farmland into land that cannot support plant life, it is called (1 point)
a. desertification. <- my answer
2. Which statement below is NOT true? (1 point)
a. Deforestation makes soil vulnerable to drying out.
b. Deforestation results in loss of roots that stabilize soil.
c. Deforestation prevents desertification. <- my answer
d. Deforestation decreases biodiversity.
3. Which of the following could result from an algal bloom in a river?
a. The algae purify the water.
b. The local plants produce flowers early.
c. Fish and other aquatic life die off.
d. Plant and animal populations increase.
4. Of the following, which is most likely to result after a farmer sprays his crops with pesticides? (1 point)
a. The crops die.
b. The insect population increases.
c. The soil dries up and blows away.
d. A neighbor’s well tests positive for pesticides. <- my answer
5. The sulfur and nitrogen compounds in smog combine with water to form (1 point)
c. acid rain. <- my answer
6. Carbon dioxide is a colorless, odorless gas. Why is it considered a pollutant? (1 point)
a. It gets into natural waters and kills fish.
b. It promotes algal growth in natural waters.
c. It causes respiratory illness in humans.
d. It increases the warming of the atmosphere. <- my answer
7. Biodiversity is valuable partly because it (1 point)
a. gives us interesting things to look at.
b. tells us about many other species.
c. contributes to medicine and agriculture. <--my answer
d. provides humans with resistance to disease.
8. Which of the following is NOT a threat to biodiversity?
c. crop rotation<--my answer
d. climate change
For Non Honor Connection Academy
Here’s the right answers
1. D)Poor Farming Practices
3. C)Deforestation prevents desertification
4. C) Fish and other aquatic life die off
5. D)a neighbor’s well tests positive for pesticides
6.C) acid rain
7. D) it increases the warming of the atmosphere
8. B) this one is too long for me and I’m lazy
9. D) contributed to medicine and agriculture
10.C) crop rotation
THIS IS FOR NON Honor Student of Connection academy
If I have to put a apostrophe in this sentence would it be like this The Henderson's never change;They're always complaining about Mr. Scobb farming land that is rightfully their's. No. There is no apostrophe after names and after
I am thinking A. A scientist claims plants and animals that exhibit reproductive cycles based on the changing seasons are highly affected by climate change. What is the correct justification of the scientist's claims? A) Climate
Can some read the paragraph below and check my grammars are correct. The climate is changing. The Earth is warming up, and there is now overwhelming scientific consensus that it is happening, and human induced. Many are agreed
Hi ms.sue! this is henry thanks alot for the help yesterday. In parts of Africa beginning in the 1960s: A)most efficent farming methods have helped reduced the effects of drought. B)severe droughts turned farmland into wasteland
Write a brief essay on the topic of volcanic activity and climate change. Consider such questions as whether there is there a link between volcanic eruption and climate change and what the relationship between the two may be.
How have geographic conditions in South Asia most impacted economic activities. A.Lack of arable land has made farming impossible. B.Difficult terrain has led people to rely on forest resources. C. Inadequate rainfall has
how have geographic conditions most impacted South Asia's economic activities 1)Lack of arable land has made farming impossible 2) Difficult terrain has led people to rely on forest resources 3)Inadequate rainfall has encouraged
Need help with these- 17. The climate on the Caribbean coast of Central America in rainier than the climate on the Pacific coast because the Caribbean coast a. receives moisture throughout the year from the northeasterly winds
how have geographic conditions most impacted Nancy's economic activities 1)Lack of arable land has made farming impossible 2) Difficult terrain has led people to rely on forest resources 3)Inadequate rainfall has encouraged people
Which of the following is NOT the case with regard to climate change issues and company competiveness? 1. Environmental regulations and restrictions have little impact on companies. 2. Consumers expect companies to incorporate