Underline the pronoun that correctly completes each sentence:
1. Ants use (theirs, their) antennae for touch and smell.
2. That nest under the tree is (their, theirs)
3. An ant has two stomachs in (its, our) abdomen.
4. One stomach stores food for other ants to share, and another stomach holds (it's, its) own food.
5. The queen is larger than the other ants, and (her, hers) body is an egg factory.
6. All the worker ants are sterile, so the egg-laying task is all (her, hers)
7. A male ant lives apart from the colony and plays (his, theirs) part by mating with the queen.
8. I sometimes get ants in (my, hers) house.
9. The house with purple trim is (my, mine).
10. Don't have (your, their) picnic next to an ant colony.
Please be so kind as to double check my answers and let me know if I have anything wrong.
4. it's = it is
The rest are right.
So for number four then I would have to underline its.
Thank you for checking this Ms. Sueposted by Patrick
You're welcome, Patrick.