performing an experiment
read the following statements and then answer the questions.
1. a scientist wants to find out why sea water freezes at a lower temperature than fresh water.
2. the scientist goes to the library and reads a number of articles about the physical properties of solutions.
3. the scientist also reads about the composition of sea water.
4. the scientist travels to a nearby beach and observes the conditions there. the scientist notes that taste of the sea water and other factors such as waves, wind, air pressure, temperature, and humidity.
5. after considering all this information, the scientist sits at a desk and writes, "if sea water has salt in it, it will freeze at a lower temperature than fresh water.
6. the scientist goes back to the laboratory and does the following:
a. fills each of two beakers with 1 liter of fresh water.
b dissolves 35 grams of table salt in one of the beakers.
c.places both beakers in a freezer at a temperature of -1 C.
d. leaves the breakers in the freezer for 24 hours.
7. after 24 hours, the scientist examines both breakers and find the fresh water to be frozen. the salt water is still liquid.
8. the scientist writes in a notebook, "it appears that salt water freezes at a lower temperature than fresh water does."
. the scientist continues, "i suggest that the reason salt water freezes at a lower temperature is that sea water contains dissolved salts, while fresh water does not."
a. which statement(s) contain conclusions?
b. which statement(s) contains a hypothesis?
c. which statement(s) contain observations?
d. which statement(s) describe an experiment?
e. in which statement is the problem described?
f. which statement(s) contain data?
g. which is the manipulated variable in the experiment?
h. what is the responding variable in the experiment?
okay so this is the worksheet, and i think i have submit the other worksheet too early, butt i will also be answering these questions in an hour, so if you could also explain or tell me what i need to know for this, then thank you very much tutors !
last worksheet for SCIENCE! for today analyzing elements of a scientific method read the following statements and then answer the questions. 1. you and your friend are walking along a each in maine on january 15, at 8:00 am. 2.
Trying to be sure that procedure directions for performing my experiment are correct! I'm on step by step experimental procedure for what dogs foods and/or treats does my dog like the best? this is very hard for me to put in to an
List the equipment and materials to be included in the science kit. o Explain what safety precautions are needed. Wear goggles, wear apron, wear gloves, and I am stuck there. o Outline the step-by-step procedures for the
I have to find research about Jan van Helmont's work on Spontaneous Generation and I am having trouble finding info. about it and how he conducted the experiment..also i have to figure out the strengths and weaknesses of the
In the experiment of Nucleophilic substitution reactions: Competing Nucleophiles 1)what would happen if all the solids in the nucleophile medium were not dissolved? How might this affect the outcome of the experiment? 2)Explain
I have a science experiment and I'm not sure how to do this or have all the materials to do it can anyone help? For this portfolio, you will design an experiment to investigate the relationship between the number of coil loops and
Only circus animals with a clean bill of health will perform in today’s exhibition. A monkey, a poodle, and a horse will perform in today’s exhibition. No circus animals with a clean bill of health were prescribed medications
Sam and his father are talking: Son how many pages are there in that book you have to read for school? Less than 1000. Have you started reading it yet? Yes, on Sunday I already passed page 150. And how many pages did you read
This is a question to everybody: I was just wondering if anyone had any science related questions or things they wonder about that may require experiments. If you have any ideas please mention them. I need this for a science for a
My daughter has a worksheet due tomorrow and is stressing because she read the book Dragonwings and didn't get it at all and doesn't get the worksheet and i cant read it and help her,please help 1)Why doesn't Moon Shadow attend