Physical Science

A machine you designed has an efficiency of 60%. What happens to 60% of the work put into the machine, and what happens to the other 40%?

  1. 👍 0
  2. 👎 0
  3. 👁 133
asked by Alex
  1. The 60% goes to do the work the machine is designed to do. The other 40% is lost to do the work and it goes out in the form of heat, light, etc.

    1. 👍 0
    2. 👎 0
  2. A pair of scissors is a compound machine.what two simple machines make up a pair of scissors

    1. 👍 0
    2. 👎 0

Respond to this Question

First Name

Your Response

Similar Questions

  1. Agosec Ghana

    a machine was used to lift a load of 30N through a distance of 2metres. the effort applied was 10N through a distance of 8metres. calculate the. A) mechanical advantage B) work input of the machine C) work output of the machine D)

    asked by Phidelis on June 25, 2015
  2. Health Physics

    A machine is used to either do work or to convert energy. To find the efficiency of a machine, one must compare the power input to the machine to the power output of the machine. What does thepower take into account in addition to

    asked by Shannon on January 22, 2010
  3. Physics

    A machine is used to either do work or to convert energy. To find the efficiency of a machine, one must compare the power input to the machine to the power output of the machine. What does thepower take into account in addition to

    asked by Anonymous on January 24, 2010
  4. Health Physics

    A machine is used to either do work or to convert energy. To find the efficiency of a machine, one must compare the power input to the machine to the power output of the machine. What does thepower take into account in addition to

    asked by Shannon on January 23, 2010
  5. Physics

    A load of 500N is raised through 5m by a machine when it's effort E moves simultaneously through a distance of 25m along it's direction. If the machine has efficiency of 80% , calculate a) Total work done by machine. b) Value of E

    asked by Yahya Shekha on October 25, 2018
  6. science

    For a machine with an efficiency of 80%, what is the work output of the machine if its work input is 2,000 joules? would i divide 2000/.80? which gives me 2500?

    asked by please help(: on November 4, 2009
  7. Physics

    As a result of doing work, a person supplies a machine with 1100 J of energy in 12 seconds. The machine in turn does work and delivers 900 J of energy in 14 seconds to some object. What is the efficiency of this machine?

    asked by Anonymous on January 25, 2010
  8. Health Physics

    As a result of doing work, a person supplies a machine with 1100 J of energy in 12 seconds. The machine in turn does work and delivers 900 J of energy in 14 seconds to some object. What is the efficiency of this machine?

    asked by Shannon on January 22, 2010
  9. Science-y Math-y Stuff

    A machine with 80% efficiency does 4,000 J of work. Using the machine how much work did you do? NEED HELP! PLZ REPLY SOON

    asked by NYB on December 13, 2016
  10. physics

    a simple machine moves a load of 400N through a distance of 10cm when a force of 20N is applied to it.if the distance moved by the force applied on the machine is 3m.find a)input work b)output work c)AMA d)IMA e)efficiency of the

    asked by tesema on June 10, 2019

More Similar Questions