English

Which of the following is a phrase fragment?

A) Since the weather forecast is beautiful this weekend.

B) Let's ask our parents if we can go tubing.

C) Did you just say that?

D) A great dog, that’s what we have!

I can't determine if it's A or C.

  1. 👍 0
  2. 👎 0
  3. 👁 671
asked by Tyto
  1. C is a question with a subject and verb. Do you see them?

    A is an adverbial clause. If you remove the word "Since" it'll be a complete sentence.

  2. A) Since the weather forecast is beautiful this weekend. SO WHAT?

    This does not tell us the full meaning of the sentence. It does not answer WHAT.

    An example of the correct sentence is.....

    Since the weather forecast is beautiful this weekend, WE WILL GO TO THE BEACH.

    1. 👍 0
    2. 👎 0

Respond to this Question

First Name

Your Response

Similar Questions

  1. 6th grade grammar

    Can you check these sentences? Identify whether each sentence includes an action verb, linking verb, or verb phrase. 1. Celina is coming to my house after dinner. Linking = is verb phrase = is coming 2. The weather was beautiful

    asked by Alexis on December 11, 2013
  2. Probability

    Before leaving for work, Victor checks the weather report in order to decide whether to carry an umbrella. On any given day, with probability 0.2 the forecast is “rain" and with probability 0.8 the forecast is “no rain". If

    asked by qwerty on February 13, 2015
  3. probability

    Before leaving for work, Victor checks the weather report in order to decide whether to carry an umbrella. The forecast is “rain" with probability 20% and “no rain" with probability 80%. If the forecast is “rain", the

    asked by abc on February 12, 2014
  4. science

    Paul checks the weather forecast. If the forecast is good, Paul will go out for a walk. If the forecast is bad, then Paul will either stay home or go out. If he goes out, he might either remember or forget his umbrella. In the

    asked by same on February 6, 2014
  5. English

    1. Uncle boght a bike for me. (Can we use'uncle' without 'a article'?) 2. A: You look sick. Why do you look sick? B: I have a head ache. (In this short dialogue, is the expression,"Why do you look sick?" suitable here? What other

    asked by John on December 7, 2008
  6. Science-Weather

    Good evening, My task is to create a 24-hr weather forecast for Toronto with Toronto being +1 degree Celcius and a warm front coming in. But how do i create a 24 hr forecast.

    asked by Salina on May 5, 2008
  7. English

    (1) Brenda would have liked to have taken her vacation at the beach. (2) However, the weather forecast on the television called for rain. (3) Also, her fiancé, Max, wanted to vacation in the mountains. (4) After a heated

    asked by Ciana on February 22, 2015
  8. English

    (1) Brenda would have liked to have taken her vacation at the beach. (2) However, the weather forecast on the television called for rain. (3) Also, her fiancé, Max, wanted to vacation in the mountains. (4) After a heated

    asked by NANA on May 14, 2013
  9. English

    This question is based on the following paragraph. (1) Brenda would have liked to have taken her vacation at the beach. (2) However, the weather forecast on the television called for rain. (3) Also, her fiancé, Max, wanted to

    asked by Nelise on October 17, 2014
  10. English

    I had to pick what grammatical stucture is in the "" portion of the sentence. Choses are adverb clause infinitive phrase past participial elliptical clause adjective clause present participial phrase nominative absoolute

    asked by Toni on April 12, 2011

More Similar Questions