Posts by gomez
Total # Posts: 12
An eleveartor starts on the ground floor.it goes up 7 floors and then down 9 floor.what floor is it on
physics - what i think
1. E 2. A 3. C 4. don't know 5. don't know 6. C 7. don't know 8. don't know 9. don't know #2 is not A
physics # 9
9. A block attached to a spring of negligible mass undergoes simple harmonic motion on a frictionless horizontal surface. The potential energy of the system is zero at the equilibrium position and has a maximum value of 50 J. When the displacement of the block is half the ...
physics # 8
8. A large explosion is heard by two people. The first is located 10 meters away and the second is located 40 meters away. By which factor is the intensity of the second observer compared to the first? a.) 16 b.) 4 c.) 1/4 d) 1/16 e.) 1/900 Ever heard of the inverse square law...
physics # 7
7. An object falling in air experiences a drag force directly related to the square of the speed such that F = Cv2 (where C is a constant of proportionality). Assuming that the buoyant force due to air is negligible, the terminal velocity of this falling body is best described...
physics # 6
6. Which object listed below is not accelerating? a.) A person standing on the surface of the Earth. b.) A satellite in geostationary orbit. c.) A jet traveling at Mach 6.7 in a straight line. d.) A child standing on a merry-go-round. e.) A block oscillating on a spring when ...
physics # 5
5. The length of a simple pendulum with a period on Earth of one second is most nearly a.) 0.12 m b.) 0.25 m c.) 0.50 m d.) 1.0 m e.) 10.0 m The formula for the period is P = 2 pi sqrt(L/g) g is the acceleration of gravity, 9.8 m/s^2. Solve for L. (or get out a piece of string...
physics # 4
For the following question rank the objects in order from greatest to least. 4. Which object would be the most difficult to begin spinning about its center of mass? a.) Solid sphere b.) Hollow sphere c.) Hallow cylinder d.) Solid disk e.) Solid cylinder
physics # 3
3. In a perfectly inelastic collision which of the following is conserved, (give the most accurate answer). a.) Linear momentum b.) Kinetic energy c.) Linear momentum d.) Total mechanical energy, (KE +PE) e.) Heat energy
physics # 2
2. A particle of mass m and speed v collides at right angles with a very massive wall in a perfectly elastic collision. The magnitude of the change of momentum of the particle is a.) zero b.) mv/2 c.) mv d.) ã (2) mv e.) 2mv Hint: the final momentum is equal in ...
physics # 1
1. If a particle moves in a plane so that its position is described by the function x = Acosùt, and y = Asinùt, it is a.) moving with varying speed along a circle b.) moving with constant speed along a circle c.) moving with constant acceleration along a straight...
hey i have a some questions i am trying to solve for practice, because i have a test coming up. can you guys help me with them? i will post them Yes. Please show your work, however. Physics is best learned through practice, not by watching others solve problems.