help with language arts
posted by hay what doing
1. read the following sentence:
The reporter is heading to the marketplace to cry the news about the election results. Use the dictionary definition to determine the best meaning of cry as it used in this sentence.
A. to call out for help
B. to announce in public
C. a shout
D. a time of weeping
2. As which parts of speech can the multiple meaning word cry be used
A. noun and verb
B. noun only
C. adjective and noun
D. adjective only
3. recall that transitions are useful in showing relationships in a comparison-and-contrast essay. which of the following transitions shows comparison?
C. just as
4. read the following pair of sentences: you can get to the beach by car. you can ride your bike to the beach. which answer option best revises the sentences for transition use?
A. you can get to the beach by car. however you can also ride your bike to the beach.
B. you can get to the beach by car, if you can ride your bike to the beach
C. just as you can get to the beach by car you can ride your bike to the beach.
D. you can get to the beach by car. while you can ride your bike to the beach.
hay what doing
my answers are
3. B is right. The other three answers are wrong.
hay what doing
can you help me with it
Check your text or a dictionary.
Well, here's what I think it is:
1. B (since it sounds like they want to spread the news by announcing it to the public)
4. D (it's just stating another form of transportation)
Who is Ab? A prankster?
Ab is right.
Ban Ab. They've been supplying answers recently.
Anonymous -Don't even think about it
*high fives Ab* Nice work.