S.S HELP FAST
posted by Jassie .
(The sign "*" means that's my answer I chose for the question)
Part A What is the basic independent unit of world politics?
Part B Which of the following groups is an example of the basic unit you selected in the previous question?
a) people who share a common language
b) people who choose to live near each other
c) people who share the same political values*
d) people who live together under a sovereign government
2. Which of the following sentences best describes the role of the United Nations in world affairs?
a) It ensures that everyone follows treaties
b) It maintains good relations and keeps discussions open
c) It mediates conflicts and supports international projects
d) It provides a common defence against large aggressive nations*
3. Which of the following governments has unlimited power?
a) unitary presidency*
b) socialist oligarchy
c) parliamentary system
d) constitutional monarchy
4. Which of the following is an example of civic, rather than private, life?
c) taking classes
d) meeting with friends
5. Which of the following Americans values was expressed by Lincoln in this excerpt?
"Each looked for an easier triumph, and a result less fundamental and astounding. Both read the same Bible, and pray to the same God, and each invokes His aid against the other. It may seem strange that any men should dare to ask a just God's assistance in wringing their bread from the sweat of other men's faces, but let us judge not that we be not judged."
a) free speech
c) religious freedom*
d) limited government
6. How is the government of Britain unlike that of the United States?
a) The British government is bound by the rule of law
b) The British federal government has power over the states*
c) The leader of Britain is chosen by the legislature
d) The British constitution includes a list of individual rights
7. Which of the following rights are guaranteed by the Bill of Rights? Select all that apply.( 2 answers)
b) free speech
c) trial by jury*
d) running for office
8. What is a disadvantage of the checks and balances system?
a) It places too much power in the judicial branch
b) It can make it difficult for any part of the government to enact changes*
c) It can force the president to obey a law that the president feels is unjust
d) It removes power from the House, and therefore from the majority of citizens.
S.S HELP FAST -
B 1, 2, 6, 7 (1 is right) are wrong.