posted by anon .
I would appreciate it if someone could check my answers immediately please!!!!!!! I don't need answers, I just need someone to see if mine are correct.
1. Translate the following into Spanish: "Where is the door?"
A-Dónde es la puerta?
B-Dónde están la puerta?
C-Dónde está la puerta?**
D-Dónde estará la
2. Translate the following into Spanish: "The chair is next to the desk
A-La silla está debajo del escritorio.
B-La silla está al lado del escritorio.**
C-La silla está detrás del escritorio.
D-La silla está encima del escritorio.
3. Translate the following into Spanish: "The mouse is behind the keyboard.
A-El ratón está delante del teclado.
B-El ratón está encima del teclado.
C- El ratón está al lado del teclado.
D- El ratón está detrás del teclado.**
4. What does La bandera está en la pantalla mean in English?
A-The table is behind the desk.
B-The clock is next to the window.
C-The flag is on the computer screen.**
D- The watepaper basket is underneath the desk.
5. Translate the following into Spanish: "The student is in front of the window."
A-El estudiante está delante de la ventana**
B-El estudiante está detrás de la ventana
C-El estudiante está encima de la ventana
D-El estudiante está debajo de la ventana
6. What does Mi sacapuntas está en mi mochila mean in English?
A-My pencil is in the backpack**
B-My pencil sharpener is in my backpack
C-The sharpeners are in the backpacks
D-My pencil sharpeners are in the backpacks
7. Translate the following into Spanish: "The clocks are on top of the table.
A-Los relojes están al lado de la mesa.
B- Los relojes están detrás de la mesa.
C- Los relojes están debajo de la mesa.
D- Los relojes están encima de la mesa.**
8. La puerta está al lado _______ sillas.
C- de los
9. La puerta está al lado _______ sillas.
10. _______ carteles están al lado de la puerta.
11. ¿Dónde _______ tu mochila?
12. Which form of the verb estar would you use with the pronoun “we”?
13. Compared to the rest of the children in the world, the children in Costa Rica _______.
are very literate**
are worldly, but illiterate
have short school years
14. Schools in México _______
have no computers
have 10 to 12 computers per classroom
are working to increase the student/computer ratio
have plenty of computers because they work with large computer companies**
15. Almost all students in Spanish-speaking schools _______.
learn a foreign language
are under 13 years of age
play at least one sport**
take at least two years of college
16. In Colombia, _______.
children are not required to go to school children are required to go to school until they are about 9
children are required to go to school until they are about 14**
children are required to go to school until they are about 18
17. What is one thing that Juan Ramón Jiménez and Mario José Molina have in common?
They have both won Nobel Prizes.**
They were both born in Mexico City.
They both won a U.S. Presidential Medal of Freedom.
They both wrote fiction stories that have remained popular for close to 100 years.
18. Which of these men helped free the most territories from Spain?
José de San Martín
19. In what way was Manuel María Ponce an unusual child?
He was always large for his age.
He wrote a musical piece at age 5.**
He was a famous dancer by age 19.
He rebuilt a cathedral organ at age 12.
20. Why did Ernesto Lecuona move away from his homeland of Cuba?
He had political differences with the Castro regime.**
He wanted to live in the music world of New York City.
He fell in love with Europe during his concert tours there.
He needed to be in California to write film music for the major film studios.
I changed questions 6, 11, and 14 to:
I'm sorry -- but the last time I studied Spanish was in 1949.
1. location = está
2., 3., 4., 5. all ok
6. B, sacapuntas = pencil sharpener
7., 8,, 9., 10 = all ok
11. Where is your backpack = está
12., etc all look ok