posted by rfvv .
What is the part of speech of "for my birthday" in each sentence? An adverb phrase or an adjective phrase? Would you check them, please? Can a phrase be either an adjective phrase or an adverbial phrase? Thank you.
1. What do I want for my birthday?
2. This gift is for my birthday.
3. The present for my birthday is a book.
4. He gave me a fountain pen for my birthday.
5. I'm looking for a present for her birthday.
6. Tom got a nice gift for his birthday.
Study your other posts. Then let us know what you decide about each one.