posted by Olivia N J .
1. When farming, overgrazing, climate change, and/or seasonal drought change farmland into land that cannot support plant life, it is called (1 point)
a. desertification. <- my answer
2. Which statement below is NOT true? (1 point)
a. Deforestation makes soil vulnerable to drying out.
b. Deforestation results in loss of roots that stabilize soil.
c. Deforestation prevents desertification. <- my answer
d. Deforestation decreases biodiversity.
3. Which of the following could result from an algal bloom in a river?
a. The algae purify the water.
b. The local plants produce flowers early.
c. Fish and other aquatic life die off.
d. Plant and animal populations increase.
4. Of the following, which is most likely to result after a farmer sprays his crops with pesticides? (1 point)
a. The crops die.
b. The insect population increases.
c. The soil dries up and blows away.
d. A neighbor’s well tests positive for pesticides. <- my answer
5. The sulfur and nitrogen compounds in smog combine with water to form (1 point)
c. acid rain. <- my answer
6. Carbon dioxide is a colorless, odorless gas. Why is it considered a pollutant? (1 point)
a. It gets into natural waters and kills fish.
b. It promotes algal growth in natural waters.
c. It causes respiratory illness in humans.
d. It increases the warming of the atmosphere. <- my answer
7. Biodiversity is valuable partly because it (1 point)
a. gives us interesting things to look at.
b. tells us about many other species.
c. contributes to medicine and agriculture. <--my answer
d. provides humans with resistance to disease.
8. Which of the following is NOT a threat to biodiversity?
c. crop rotation<--my answer
d. climate change
All are right. :-)
What about 3?
Sorry 3 was supposed to be C but I am pretty sure that is right:)
You are correct I all of those! Here is the answers for the full quiz. Lesson14: Human Impact on Ecosystems:Unit 3 Human Impact on Ecosystems Quiz-
Mac N is correct 100%
Yup Mac N is right! Thank you so much!
Thank you Mac N
Mac N's answers are 100% correct, as I already submitted the assessment with those answers.
9 and 10 aren't multiple choice
Still correct!! Thanks a lot c:
These were nottttt correct
1/8 on my quiz. thanks mac n!!! wow such correct answers!
You must had a diffrent quiz i got a 10 out of 10
the quizzes are different if you have honors or not. quizzes with 8 multiple choice are honors. mac n's answers are for the normal quiz
THESE ARE ONLY RIGHT FOR CONNECTIONS ACCADEMY
He specifically said which lessons it was for, so either you go to a different connexus with different answers, or you didn't read the beginning. Mac's answers were 100% correct.