Physical Science 8th Grade
posted by Abby427 .
1. What is the resulting direction of a surface wave? Is it perpendicular, parallel, opposite, or circular?
2. What happens when a mechanical wave travels through a medium? What is transferred - mass, particles, energy, or waves?
3. Which of these waves cannot travel in a vacuum? Choices are microwave, sound wave, light wave, and electromagnetic wave.
4. What is the amplitude of a wave?
(a) the distance traveled by the wave during one full cycle
(b) the amount of cycles that occur in a given time
(c) the size of the disturbance
(d) the amount of time that occurs in one full cycle
5. Unlike a transverse wave, the disturbance in a longitudinal wave is: parallel to the wave motion, perpendicular to the wave motion, in the opposite direction of the wave motion, or in a circular motion?