posted by rfvv
1. I will visit Paris this summer.
2. I shall visit Paris this summer.
3. I intend to visit Paris this summer.
(Does #1 mean #2 or #3? Does 'will' mean a simple future or "a will"?
4. I like children. I will be a teacher.
5. I like children. I shall be a teacher.
6. I like children. I intend to be a teacher.
(Does #4 mean #5 or #6?)
1 & 2 mean the same. #3 means you plan to visit, but a plan or intention is less definite than a statement that you will or shall do so.
4, 5, and 6 the same.