posted by Quinn .
Which answer choice states the most logical conclusion based on the following statement by
I’ve never built anything before, much less a house.
1. Patrick is not telling the truth.
2. Patrick feels uncertain in new 3. situations.
4.Patrick likes to tease Thomas.
5. Patrick enjoys challenges.
Which of these conclusions is best supported by the details in the scene? (1 point)
1. Thomas knows that Patrick will not join the project.
2. Patrick thinks that Thomas is trying to trick him.
3. Thomas feels that Patrick will benefit from helping on the project.
4. Patrick is trying to appear braver than he really is.
What does the dialogue show about why Thomas wants Patrick’s help?
1. There is no danger associated with building the house.
2. Patrick should get involved in community projects.
3. The house is being built for a family in need.
4. Patrick has the best skills to help build the house.
What is the title? Who is the author?
Thomas. Come on, Patrick, you'll have fun. You'll learn a lot, and you'll be helping a family
have a home that they otherwise couldn't afford.
Patrick. I don't know, Thomas. I've never built anything before, much less a house.
Thomas. You don't have to build the whole thing by yourself. There are dozens of people
donating their time. Someone will show you just what to do.
Patrick. What if a piece of wood falls on me or I step on a nail . . . ?
Thomas. What if, what if. What if you just said yes to the project?
Patrick. Well, I don't know . . .
Thomas. Come for three hours on Saturday. If you're not having fun by then, you can leave.
And I won't tease you like I did when you quit the baseball team.