posted by rfvv
What is different in middle school compared with elementary school?
In middle school, we wear a school uniform, we have different teachers for for each subject, and we don't stay with our homeroom teacher all day.
Are the question and the answer grammatical?
What other similar question can we use?
1. What are the differences between middle school and elementary school?
2. What differences does middle school have compared with elementary school?
3. Can you say the differences beetween middle school and elementary school?
4. Can you name the differences beetween middle school and elementary school?
5. Can you tell the differences beetween middle school and elementary school?
First, between is spelled this way, not bee-tween.
Your first sentences are perfect.
1 is very good, perfect.
2 - no. It just doesn't quite make sense.
3 - no. Can you SAY the differences may be correct, but nothing we would ever use.
4. Is good.
5. It really means can you know the differences. Tell can mean telling a story or a description, OR it can mean determining the differences. Here, it doesn't seem to mean describing, but differentiating. "Tell" in that sense is more colloquial/idiomatic, but we would not ask someone to "tell" the differences in describing them as in speaking.