posted by Patrick .
Underline the correct pronoun in() to complete each sentence.
1.Sometimes (us,we) pretend the treehouse is a fort.
Underline the word we
2. Both Brian and (I, me) want to be in charge.
Underline the word I
3. Larry and (them, they) will be the troops.
Underline the word them.
4. Jan made a cool flag for (us, we).
Underline the word us
5. We made (her, she) an honorary member of our club.
Underline the word her
6. Because Dad helped us, we made (he, him) and honorary member too.
Underline the word him
Please be so kind as to check the above sentences and let me know if I made any mistakes
All are right except for 3.
So then I would have to underline the word they but why? I don't understand that one
Larry and they are the subjects of the verb.
An old trick when you have a pronoun as one of two or more subjects is to cross out the other subjects.
Would you say?
Them will be the troops.
They will be the troops.
I will keep this trick in mind and write it down for future reference.