posted by Gigi
Hi! Can someone help check these for me? Thanks a bunch! :)
Directions: Find the correct verb tense for each sentence. Choose from present, preterite, imperfect, future, conditional, subjunctive, past subjunctive, present perfect, past/preterite perfect, future perfect, conditional perfect, present perfect subjunctive, or past perfect subjunctive.
1.) I cleaned the house. (present)
2.) They cleaned the house. (imperfect)
3.) You (friend) will clean the house. (subjunctive)
4.) Selena and Maria are sad that I didn't clean the house. (preterite)
5.) Selena and Maria are happy that I have cleaned the house. (past subjunctive)
I'll send this to our Spanish expert, SraJMcGin.
May I suggest that you do a good review of verbs WITH the appropriate English meanings!
1. I cleaned = either Preterit or Imperfect, depending upon the useage.
2. they cleaned = possible the Imperfect if the additional translations are "they used to clean" or "they were cleaning." the Preterit, on the other hand would also be "they DID clean (over and done with)"
3. You will = definitely the Future, which is also "you shall" but that is outdated these days.
4. are sad (Present)...that I didn't clean = YES, the Preterit
5. are happy (present) that I have cleaned = Present Perfect which is tran slated "have/has cleaned."
I'll flag this and come back later to see if you have further questions. If you can't fins good review of tenses WITH the English translation, ask.
Ohh okay I see what your saying! I think I understand. Could you please check these ones too? :)
1.) I will have cleaned the house. (future)
2.) He would have cleaned the house. (past subjunctive)
3.) We used to clean the house. (past perfect)
4.) Has Juan cleaned the house? (present)
5.) Selena and Maria hoped that I had cleaned the house. (conditional)
2. would have cleaned = Conditional Perfect Tense. Any Perfect Tense uses have/has in some form. the would makes it Conditional.
3. "used to clean" is the Imperfect. (The Past Perfect would have been "had cleaned")
4. "has cleaned" = Present Perfect Tense. (The Present would have been "he cleans/does clean/is cleaning")
5. hoped = Past...had cleaned = Past Perfect Tense. (The Conditional would have been "would clean.")
Again I'll flag this and come back later.
Thank you so much for you help! I get it now. :)