posted by Anonymous
Identify each preposition and each prepositional phrase.
1. The first street railway in the world was built in New York in 1832.
preposition is in/ prepositional phrase is in New York in 1832.
2. The inventor of the telephone was born in Scotland.
preposition is of/ prepositional phrase is in Scotland.
3. Who is the inventor of the printing press?
prepostion is of/ there is no prepositonal phrase
4. The shadowy outline of the giant skyscrapers loomed before us.
preposition is of/ prepositional phrase is before us.
5. Our small boat bobbed in the waves.
There is no preposition/ the prepositional phrase is in the waves.
6. The swivel chair was invented by Thomas Jefferson.
there is no preposition/ the prepositional phrase is by Thomas Jefferson.
7. A raging storm fell upon the quiet valley.
the preposition is upon/ there is no prepositional phrase
8. I was lulled into sleep by the patter of the rain.
preposition is by/ prepositional phrases are: into sleep, and of the rain.
9. We found acorns beneath the tree.
there is no preposition/ the prepositional phrase is beneath the tree.
10. That cow is standing in the middle of the road.
preposition is in/ prepositional phrase is of the road.
I think you need to look in your book or online
I actually have done both.. instructions are limited in book and have found a couple of sites on chompchomp and other places
There are 3 prep phrases in #1, two in #2 ...
Why are you finding the prepositions without also finding each prep phrase?
Go back to chompchomp and study boy he preps AND prep phrases.
... study both ...