Physical Science-Can someone check my answers?
posted by dark1
1) The kinetic energy of an object depends on which of the following?
A. the object’s mass and direction
B. the object’s speed and mass----------
C. the object’s work and direction
D. the object’s speed and work
2) In the following situations, which one does not have kinetic energy?
a baseball in a catcher’s glove---------
B. a lady walking slowly across the street
C. a hockey puck sliding on the ice
D. a man running around a track
3) All of the following objects are moving at the same speed. Which one has the greatest kinetic energy?
A. a bicycle
B. a motorcycle
C. a car
D. a semi tractor-trailer truck---------
4) What is the kinetic energy of a 1.0-kg billiard ball that moves at 5.0 m/s?
A. 5.0 J--------------------------------
B. 6.5 J
C. 10.0 J
D. 12.5 J
5) A ball is thrown straight up in the air. When will its kinetic energy be the least before it is caught?
A. at the start of its flight
B. halfway to the top of its flight
C. at the end of its flight-------------
D. at the top of its flight
4. Wrong; D is correct
%. Wrong; D is correct
For the most part, you were close!
Ty so much! :)
But how did u get D. for #5? I don't understand that one most of all:/
I mean D. for #4? not 5 ooops :(
4 ---> 12.5 Joules
5 ---> v = 0 at the top
Was number five correct?
the kinetic energy of AN object depends on which of the following
ty for helping me i got an 100%