posted by vanessa .
I am to identify 3 words or phrases in the Canada anthem and explain.
1. True North Strong and Free
- this phrase expresses hope and freedom of choice, speech and beliefs.
2. with Glowing hearts
- this phrase describes the love and pride for our country
3. We stand on guard for thee
- this phrase describes how we protect our values , homes, and rights.
1. The land of hope for all who toil.
- this phrase describes Canada as a place where hope and dreams can come true with hard and continous work.
2. Great Prairie spread
- this phrase describes our beautiful land known for our pines and maple.
3. East to Western Sea
- this phrase expresses how far our pride and love extends.
1. Beloved Native Land
- this phrase describes our love for our homeland.
This word describes Canadian as being loyal.
3. Beneath our shining skies
- the phrase describes freedom, pride, love,loyality for our land.
- this word describes Canadians as being courteous and respectful to one another.
2. As waiting for a better day
- this phrase expresses never give up that there is hope for for better days to come.
3. Ruler Supreme
- this word expresses that Canada is meant to be one nation under god.
All your interpretations look fine except for two of them.
Verse 2, #2 -- I see no mention of trees, only the prairies.
Verse 3, #2 -- Canadians <~~needs to be plural, not singular.
Nicely done, overall! =)
So I don't know how to word that one. Should I just omit the trees?
Great prairie spread -- the phrase brings up an image of lots of wide open land -- plenty of room for everyone!
thank you so much