posted by rfvv .
Homework Help: English
Posted by rfvv on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 8:22pm.
1. There are works of art on the buletinboard at the back.
2. There are five works of art on the bulletinboard in the back.
3. There are many tables and chairs in the English classroom.
4. There is a computer in English Classroom 1.
5. There are two speakers on both sides on top in the room.
6. There are 10 windows on the walls of the room.
7. There are many brooms and dustpans in the broom cupboards.
8. There are works of tasks during the class on the bulletinboard at the back.
(Are they all grammatical? Would you correct any errors, please?)
•English - Writeacher, Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 8:45pm
bulletin board = always 2 words
I'm not sure about #5.
6. There are 10 windows in the room.
7. ... in the broom closet.
8. I don't understand "works of tasks" -- ??
Thank you for your help.
8. There are works of tasks during the class on the bulletinboard at the back
( On B4 paper, students make English sentences or they write down proverbs or sayings they know in big letters. Then some of their B4 paper(or drawing paper) containing their work will be posted on the bulletin board. In that case, which expression should be used? #8?)
(One more question? Do we have to use 'at the back' or 'on the back'?)
Here's how I would correct these two sentences:
5. There are two speakers on both sides of the room near the ceiling.
8. There are displays of students' work on the bulletin board at the back of the room.