Probability

posted by .

1) A group of students were asked about their itunes collection. The probability that a student had downloaded the album by group X was 33%. The probability that a student downloaded the album by group Y was 41%. However, if you only asked the students that downloaded the X album, there was a probability of 59% that they would also have the group Y album (think conditional probability). Draw a Venn Diagram ( X and Y will intersect)

Find:

a)The probability that a student, chosen at random, will have both albums dowloaded. Think ∩ .

b) A student with the group Y album, will also have the group X album

c) A student has the group X album, but not the group Y album.

d) A student has neither album.(think intersection of compliments

Respond to this Question

First Name
School Subject
Your Answer

Similar Questions

  1. Math

    Two group of male students cost their past on a particular proposal.the result are as follows: Group infavour against A 128 32 B 96 48 <a> if a student in favour of proposal is selected for a post. What is the probability that …
  2. Math

    Two group of male students cost their past on a particular proposal.the result are as follows: Group infavour against A 128 32 B 96 48 <a> if a student in favour of proposal is selected for a post. What is the probability that …
  3. statistics

    Two group of male students cost their past on a particular proposal.the result are as follows: Group infavour against A 128 32 B 96 48 <a> if a student in favour of proposal is selected for a post. What is the probability that …
  4. Probability

    Two group of male students cost their past on a particular proposal.the result are as follows: Group infavour against A 128 32 B 96 48 <a> if a student in favour of proposal is selected for a post. What is the probability that …
  5. Probability

    A group of 90 students is to be split at random into 3 classes of equal size. All partitions are equally likely. Joe and Jane are members of the 90-student group. Find the probability that Joe and Jane end up in the same class.
  6. Statistics

    A group of freshmen and sophomore students was selected and each was asked whether they were a member of a student club. The following table was constructed: Student Club No Student Club Freshman 4 15 Sophomore 9 7 Find the probability …
  7. Math

    200 elementary school students were surveyed to find their blood groups. Of those, 55 were of blood group A, 85 of blood group B, and 21 of blood group O. What is the probability that a randomly chosen student has either blood group …
  8. Probability

    Giving a test to a group of students, the grades and gender are summarized below A B C Total Male 8 10 12 30 Female 4 11 3 18 Total 12 21 15 48 If one student was chosen at random, find the probability that the student got an A.
  9. Probability Help ASAP!

    Giving a test to a group of students, the grades and gender are summarized below A B C Total Male 17 5 2 24 Female 7 11 12 30 Total 24 16 14 54 If one student was chosen at random, find the probability that the student was female.
  10. Math Help ASAP SETS & Probability

    Giving a test to a group of students, the grades and gender are summarized below A B C Total Male 2 10 17 29 Female 7 15 4 26 Total 9 25 21 55 If one student was chosen at random, find the probability that the student got a C.

More Similar Questions