posted by Jman .
1. How would you describe a deferred vacation?
a. One that was booked several months ago.
b. One that was delayed until a later time.
c. One that was planned out many months ahead of time.
2. The speaker in the poem, “Mother To Son,” says the following: “Life for me ain’t been no crystal stair.” This is an example of which literary element?
3. Choose the correct vocabulary word for the following sentence: “We know the stranger came from a distance because of the _______ he spoke.”
b. figurative language
4. Read the following lines from “Mother to Son”:
So, boy, don’t you turn back
Don’t you set down on the steps
‘Cause you finds it kinder hard.
What advice is the mother giving with the metaphor used in these lines?
a. Son, don’t give up on following your dreams when things get difficult.
b. Son, don’t stop climbing up the stairs just because you are tired.
c. Son, there is no time to rest when there is work to be done.
d. Son, the road to your goals is a long one.
5. Identify the helping verb in the sentence below.
We will attend the party if we finish our chores in time.
d. will attend
I already know the last one its c. I just need the rest
I'll be glad to check your answers.
It's okay. I already figured it out. I got 100%. But thanks anyway! :)
what were they?
The answers are:
Got 100% :)
I also got 100% :)
As did I.