posted by day .
Okay so i have the answers but i would like to know if i have them right. may someone tell me which ones are right and wrong ?
Which of the following describes Loyalists? (1 point)
A. They decided to fight against the British.
B. They supported British taxation.
C. They thought Patriots were too radical.
D. They wanted to return to Britain.
2. According to the Declaration of Independence, where does a government’s power come from? (1 point)
A. the Creator
B. the consent of the governed
C. the self-evident rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness
D. the right of the people to institute a new government
3. As a result of the Revolution, women in America (1 point)
A. were granted the right to sign a contract.
B. earned the right to own property.
C. gained respect.
D. suffered abuse.
4. In what way did the American Revolution affect other countries? (1 point)
A. The practice of slavery spread throughout Europe.
B. Foreign governments attempted to punish Patriot leaders.
C. Countries tried to avoid the devastation of war.
D. Other republican groups fought to overthrow aristocratic governments.
5. Which political theory defines the different responsibilities for each branch of government? (1 point)
A. popular sovereignty
B. Limited government
C. separation of powers
6. Which of the following describes Federalism? (1 point)
A. State governments dominate a weak national legislature.
B. State and national governments share power.
C. A strong executive directs national policy for dependent states.
D. A strong national legislature gives equal voice to all citizens.
7. Why did Northern industrialists favor protective tariffs? (1 point)
A. Tariffs raised the cost of European goods so that more people would buy American goods.
B. Labor unions demanded tariffs because they raised factory workers’ wages.
C. Investors used money from tariffs to reduce production costs.
D. Higher prices meant that companies earned higher profits.
8. Which of the following drew a line north of which any new states would be free states and south of which any new states would be slave states? (1 point)
A. Missouri Compromise
B. Marbury v. Madison
C. American System
D. Monroe Doctrine
9. In which direction would the people in this illustration have likely been traveling? (1 point)
A. north to south
B. south to north
C. east to west
D. west to east
10. The Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 angered Northerners because (1 point)
A. it prioritized states’ rights over the rights of the federal government.
B. it contradicted the Missouri Compromise.
C. it contradicted the Wilmot Proviso.
D. it increased federal intervention in the affairs of independent states.
11. The term “Bleeding Kansas” can be attributed to (1 point)
A. the competition between farmers trying to settle the land.
B. the blistering speech of Charles Sumner on the Senate floor.
C. the competition of opposing political groups.
D. Preston Brooks’s attack on Ft. Sumner.
12. Why did South Carolina secede from the Union? (1 point)
A. Lincoln stated that he wanted to support slavery.
B. The North no longer wanted it in the Union.
C. The Crittenden Compromise failed.
D. They believed that Lincoln was hostile to slavery.
13. What happened to the South’s economy during the Civil War? (1 point)
A. It improved.
B. It remained stable.
C. It deteriorated.
D. It declined and then grew.
14. Vicksburg is located on which major river? (1 point)
15. Some abolitionists criticized Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation because (1 point)
A. they knew it did not specifically free all enslaved people.
B. they wanted it sent to European countries.
C. they wanted it to give enslaved people full rights of citizenship.
D. they wanted it to bring an end to the Civil War.
16. Why was a plan for Reconstruction of the South needed? (1 point)
A. The Lincoln administration did not want to readmit the Confederate states to the Union.
B. Many new citizens had joined the nation during the war.
C. The Constitution provided no guidance on secession or readmission of states.
D. The Southern economy had grown, and Northern states wanted to share the prosperity.
17. The Republican Party became strong in the South, in part because (1 point)
A. millions of Southern African American men became voters.
B. the party did not require a loyalty oath in order to vote.
C. many white Southerners attended the state constitutional conventions.
D. all of the former Confederate states had met the requirements to rejoin the Union.
my answers are: B,B,B,D,c,d,a,a,a,c,a,c,c,a,b,a.
you missed 1,3,6,9,10,11,12,14,15,16,17
The correct answers are C,C,B,B,C,D,A,C,A 100%
are those correct?
Why did slavery continue after the Revolution?
In which state was the Battle of Trenton fought?
C,B,C,D,C,B,A,A,B,C,D,A,C,C,A this is for 1-15
100% correct I garentee!!!! Tanya is wrong!