posted by .

Write the chemical symbol for the atomic species with 35 electrons and a charge of +34 on the nucleus.

Does the +34 charge just mean the number of protons? And then 35 electrons would give it a - charge so it would be Se-? Or am I looking at this question wrong? Thanks!

  • Chemistry -

    I think it's a strange way of writing a problem but I would interpret it the same way you have; i.e. 34 protons, 35 electrons, -1 charge on the ion.

Respond to this Question

First Name
School Subject
Your Answer

Similar Questions


  2. Chemistry

    Why is magnesium atom smaller than atoms of both sodium and calcium?
  3. Electric Charges

    Can you please help with these questions?
  4. Science

    1. Which statement about subatomic particles is NOT true?
  5. Chem

    so I have a set of fill in the blanks for symbol, atomic number, mass number, protons, neutrons electrons and charge. Protons: 6 Neutrons: 8 Electrons: 2 I said the atomic number was 6, the mass number was 12, and the charge was +4. …
  6. Science-Periodic Table

    describe how to verify the # of electrons in the ion of an element. Can you please correct some of my wordings in here. I don't really get how to explain it. You look at the atomic number which is the same number of protons as electrons; …
  7. Chemistry

    How to solve this: One isotope of a metallic element has mass # of 65 and 35 neutrons in nucleus. The cation derived from the isotope has 28 electrons. Write the symbol for this cation. Would the symbol be Cu?
  8. chemistry

    give the total number of protons and electrons in each atom Cr2+ 24 protons 22 electrons Cr3+ 24 protons 21 electrons Ni3+ 28 protons 25 electrons Ni4+ 28 protons 24 electrons
  9. chemistry

    1.what is meant by atomic number of an element?
  10. Chemistry

    A neutral atom of an element has 2 electrons with n=1, 8 electrons with n=2, and 5 electrons with n=3. Write its electron configuration and find: A) atomic number B) total number of s electrons C) total number p electrons D) total …

More Similar Questions