science

posted by .

a person standing on a road has to hold his umbrella at 60 degree vertical to keep the rain away he throws the umbrella and starts running at 20 m/s he finds that rain drops are falling in him vertically. find the speed of the rain drops with respect to
1.the road
2.the moving person

Respond to this Question

First Name
School Subject
Your Answer

Similar Questions

  1. physics

    A man running horizontal road with velocity 8 km/hr. Find the rain falling vertically downward direction. When he increases speed to 12 km/hr he find rain drops are falling at an angle 30' with downward vertically. What will be the …
  2. Physics-rain velocity to bike

    Rain falls vertically downward with a velocity of 2.4m/s. A boy moves at a speed of of 6m/s east in a bicycle with an umbrella. What is the velocity of the rain with the respect to the boy. What angle from horizontal should he hold …
  3. English

    1. If I had brought an umbrella, I would not have gotten wet. 2. If I had brought an umbrella, I would not have been wet. 3. If I had brought an umbrella, I would have stopped rain from falling on me. 4. If I had brought an umbrella, …
  4. probability

    Before leaving for work, Victor checks the weather report in order to decide whether to carry an umbrella. The forecast is “rain" with probability 20% and “no rain" with probability 80%. If the forecast is “rain", the probability …
  5. mechanics (plz help..)

    A man walking on straight path at15km/h finds that the rain is falling at an angle of 45degree to the vertical.As the man increases his speed to 20km/h,he finds the rain now falling at 30degree with the vertical. What is the true velocity …
  6. Probability

    Before leaving for work, Victor checks the weather report in order to decide whether to carry an umbrella. On any given day, with probability 0.2 the forecast is “rain" and with probability 0.8 the forecast is “no rain". If the …
  7. physics

    a bike is moving with a speed of 12m/s in west direction and rain is falling with a speed of 35m/s then at what angle an umbrella must be placed so that rain does not fall on person
  8. Language

    Which of the following is an example of onomatopoeia?
  9. Physics

    A man walking on a road at 3km/hr encounters rain falling vertically at 18km/hr. At what angle should he hold the umbrella to protect himself from rain?
  10. Deduction

    Hello, Struggling to get my head around this. So we have this statement. ----------------------------------- If it rains on Monday then mark will carry an umbrella on Monday. It does not rain on Monday. You deduce: Mark does not carry …

More Similar Questions