posted by Mike .
Ms. Sue, could you please check this part,too? Thank you
1) He explained why he wrote Gomorrah; he did it for the new generations, seeing kids who dream to be a killer, who see in crime the only way of achievement. Boys and girls without hope. He saw his land without a future, where few men control great wealth oppressing poor people stitched up in this system.
2) He felt the impulse to write, to denounce, simply to give hope to the oppressed. Saviano's book also inspired a movie directed by Matteo Garrone that received positive reviews from critics, won the Grand Jury Prize at the Cannes Film Festival 2008 and was chosen as Italy's official candidate for an Oscar.
3) Gomorrah is not only a literary and media phenomenon, it is something more which involves the conscience of the people. Passages from Saviano's book have been read and commented on in schools, during public meetings and demonstrations; his words have become everyone's words.
1) You have an incomplete sentence here.
2) A comma is needed after 2008.