posted by Jack .
I left out these sentences. I hope you can have a look at them,too.
Can you tell me if the modals are possible, Writeacher?
1) I’m sure he didn’t rob the bank.
He can't have robbed the bank
He couldn't have robbed the bank . (is this possible?)
2) I’m certain he stole the ring from Peter William’s bedroom.
He must have stolen a ring.
He will have stolen a ring (?)
3) It is possible that he will be invited to Peter’s wedding.
He may be invited to...
He could be invited to..
4) I’m very unsure if I will pass my driving test.
He might pass ...
5) He is likely to visit us tonight.
He should/ought to visit us tonight.