posted by Destiny .
All are True/False
1. After WWI, Ho Chi Minh tried to get the U.S. to support independence for Vietnam.
2. Ho Chi Minh's forces and the U.S. were allies during WWII.
3. America's First direct involvement in Vietnam came during the Johnson administration.
4.The 1954 Geneva conference provided for a temporary division of Vietnam at the 17th paralell that would end after free elections in 1956.
5. By 1954, the U.S. was financing more than 95 percent of the cost of France's war against Ho Chi Minh.
6. President Eisenhower was confident that Ho Chi Minh would be soundly defeated in a free election.
7. The Kennedy administration, despite knowledge of what was to come, took no steps to prevent the assasination of Ngo Dinh Diem in 1963.
8. In the gulf of Tonkin, U.S. torpedo boats attacted North Vietnamese destroyers.
9. The first American combat troops landed in Vietnam in 1965 as part of "Operation Rolling Thunder".
10. Guerilla forces waged an ineffective attack in the Tet Offensive of 1968.